AcaiTrim. How is that working for anybody?

Options
Desperate to loose some weight I gave in to try Dr.Oz magic pills. AcaiTrim Green Coffee Beans + Raspberry Ketones that is. My experience:
Week 1: Fell nauseous until figured out that I need to take it with food. Negative: my weight went up 2 pounds. Positive: experienced enormous energy rush lasting almost all day.
Week 2: Weight stays the same, started exercising 2 miles/day. Feeling energized.
Week 3: No weight loss. Increasing exercise to 3 miles/day. Feeling energized.
Week 4: No weight loss. Increasing exercise to 4 miles/day. Energy rush euphoria is gone.
Week 5: No weight loss. Increasing exercise to 4-5 miles/day. Energy levels back to where they were before AcaiTrim.
Week 6: No weight loss. Taking week off from work outs (since it is not working out that well for me). With or without pills feeling the same...fat and slow.

I am curious if those pills ever worked for anybody? Did anybody experienced some strange effects like mine energy rush? I wander if that is not harmful :-/

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Well... your first mistake was listening to Dr. Oz.... No offense, but hoping for a magic pill to help you lose weight is NOT going to work. Ever. There is no magic pill. It takes long-term consistency with diet and exercise.

Calculate you BMR and your TDEE.
    Eat above BMR, but 10-20% below TDEE.
    Lift weights. Do cardio if you want (it's arguable beneficial for weight loss).

Track your food. It sound like... you didn't lose anything even when you were working out. That means, you're probably off on your food.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Whoa the magic pills didn't magically make you lose weight? Shocker!
    Well there are only another couple thousand or so magic pill products on the market. Start right away, collect the whole set!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Whoa the magic pills didn't magically make you lose weight? Shocker!
    Well there are only another couple thousand or so magic pill products on the market. Start right away, collect the whole set!

In honor of you, Taso...
    facepalm.jpg
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with eating at a calorie deficit and getting some exercise?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Magic pills never work for me. I'm a Muggle. :frown:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    it made me bulky
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Desperate to loose some weight I gave in to try Dr.Oz magic pills. AcaiTrim Green Coffee Beans + Raspberry Ketones that is. My experience:
    Week 1: Fell nauseous until figured out that I need to take it with food. Negative: my weight went up 2 pounds. Positive: experienced enormous energy rush lasting almost all day.
    Week 2: Weight stays the same, started exercising 2 miles/day. Feeling energized.
    Week 4: No weight loss. Increasing exercise to 4 miles/day. Energy rush euphoria is gone.
    Week 5: No weight loss. Increasing exercise to 4-5 miles/day. Energy levels back to where they were before AcaiTrim.
    Week 6: No weight loss. Taking week off from work outs (since it is not working out that well for me). With or without pills feeling the same...fat and slow.

I am curious if those pills ever worked for anybody? Did anybody experienced some strange effects like mine energy rush? I wander if that is not harmful :-/

Magic pills!!!!!!!! Silly me......I thought I had to eat healthy and exercise!
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Magic pills never work for me. I'm a Muggle. :frown:

LOL :laugh: :laugh:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    thermogenics only add a few hundred calories to your deficit daily... i stick with coffee and tea.... uif you wanna get all crazy go do an EC stack. You'll have energy, and maybe die if you're unlucky.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Use the search feature and search Dr. Oz, raspberry ketones, green coffee bean, etc - you'll find countless threads from people who have had little or no success from these items, and plenty of advice to avoid them (and Dr. Oz). General consensus is that the only thing getting thinner is your wallet. :tongue:

If it really were as easy as popping a pill, wouldn't we all do it? Why would there be a need for sites like MFP? Good advice in some of the posts above - find your calorie goal, do some exercise and eat right - it works.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Pitch the magic pills.

I read your profile and saw you came originally from Europe and gained the weight while in the US. You are not alone. My mom came to the US with my dad when they got married. She is Korean - when she got married she was 5' and less than 100 pounds (I'm still in therapy for seeing a photo of my mom wearing a micro-mini skirt and thigh high white go-go boots). She ballooned to 180 pounds and it took her a long time to get back to 130 pounds. My good friend from Moscow came here and gained 50 pounds - she blames the Mountain Dew and McDonald's french fries.

I went back to Germany to meet my in-laws a few years back. I was sure that I would gain weight with all the schnitzel, brats, beer and tortes. But I returned to the States 3 pounds lighter. Later, I lost 35 pounds in six months eliminating high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and working out 3-5 times per week.

I'm pretty convinced that the HCFS and artificial coloring/flavoring contributes to my weight loss struggles. At home, we try to eliminate as much HFCS, Red 40, Blue 1 and 2, and Yellow 5 and 6 from our diet as possible through reading labels. Grocery shopping takes longer though.

Strongly suggest continuing with the exercise and looking at reducing/eliminating foods with HFCS. If this doesn't work, go see your doctor and maybe look at getting your bloodwork done.
  • Sima_Ulrich
    Options
    Well, thanks everybody for advice to eat right and exercise... Been there done that!!! Just weight not coming off despite all effort. I am skeptic too as far as magic pills... In fact I was quite sarcastic calling them 'magic'. I tried it since other methods (eat right and exercise) never made a difference... Desperate times call for desperate measures, you know.
    It is very controversial reviews of this product. Some people claims that it works. I hoped to be one of those 'some' people.
    Anyway, I am quite curious what is in those pills causing that energy rush? It should be natural.... Coffee beans, Green tea, Raspberry Ketones... I bet I would never get that rush just from drinking actual tea, coffee or eating raspberries.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I must admit it does scare me how HFCS is everywhere in food in the US.
  • Sima_Ulrich
    Options
    Pitch the magic pills.

I read your profile and saw you came originally from Europe and gained the weight while in the US. You are not alone. My mom came to the US with my dad when they got married. She is Korean - when she got married she was 5' and less than 100 pounds (I'm still in therapy for seeing a photo of my mom wearing a micro-mini skirt and thigh high white go-go boots). She ballooned to 180 pounds and it took her a long time to get back to 130 pounds. My good friend from Moscow came here and gained 50 pounds - she blames the Mountain Dew and McDonald's french fries.

I went back to Germany to meet my in-laws a few years back. I was sure that I would gain weight with all the schnitzel, brats, beer and tortes. But I returned to the States 3 pounds lighter. Later, I lost 35 pounds in six months eliminating high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and working out 3-5 times per week.

I'm pretty convinced that the HCFS and artificial coloring/flavoring contributes to my weight loss struggles. At home, we try to eliminate as much HFCS, Red 40, Blue 1 and 2, and Yellow 5 and 6 from our diet as possible through reading labels. Grocery shopping takes longer though.

Strongly suggest continuing with the exercise and looking at reducing/eliminating foods with HFCS. If this doesn't work, go see your doctor and maybe look at getting your bloodwork done.

Thanks!!! Nice to know that someone understands what I am going through without being judgmental about my desperate measures :)
    Personally I blame few things in US for my weight gain. Meat - animal growth hormones, antibiotics. Then sugar. I don't specify it as HFCS. Just general sugar. Everything is so unexpectedly sweet in US! And then last I blame all genetically modified produce, which is banned in country I am originally from.
    But since now I live in US, it is not possible to avoid all this. I try to reduce it as much as I can, but.... it is impossible to eliminate it all.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I tried it since other methods (eat right and exercise) never made a difference... Desperate times call for desperate measures, you know.
    This may be asking the obvious, but have you tried counting calories? Maintaining a moderate calorie deficit over several weeks at least? That yields results for most people. If it really doesn't work for you (and you're being honest, accurate & consistent with measuring & tracking food) then you may have an underlying medical issue.

Just eating "right" and exercising can work, but if you're not being meticulous about calorie intake, then you could still struggle to lose. You can eat lots of nutritious foods and exercise, but if you are consuming more than you burn off, you won't lose weight.
  • Sima_Ulrich
    Options
    I tried it since other methods (eat right and exercise) never made a difference... Desperate times call for desperate measures, you know.
    This may be asking the obvious, but have you tried counting calories? Maintaining a moderate calorie deficit over several weeks at least? That yields results for most people. If it really doesn't work for you (and you're being honest, accurate & consistent with measuring & tracking food) then you may have an underlying medical issue.

Just eating "right" and exercising can work, but if you're not being meticulous about calorie intake, then you could still struggle to lose. You can eat lots of nutritious foods and exercise, but if you are consuming more than you burn off, you won't lose weight.

I am counting my calories with help of MFP. Since I prefer to cook my meals at home so it is quite hard to know how much exactly calories are there. I try to find equivalent in MFP and log it.
    In general I cook lots of things in oven with no fats added (no butter or oil), just it its own juice. I eat steamed food too. And as well lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Salad dressing as well been replaced with olive oil and balsamic vinegar long time ago.
    According to MFP I end up most of the time with 500-1000 calories/day to spare! So even if I underestimate my calorie intake, i still should be on target to loose weight.... Which is not happening.
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options

I am counting my calories with help of MFP. Since I prefer to cook my meals at home so it is quite hard to know how much exactly calories are there. I try to find equivalent in MFP and log it.
    In general I cook lots of things in oven with no fats added (no butter or oil), just it its own juice. I eat steamed food too. And as well lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Salad dressing as well been replaced with olive oil and balsamic vinegar long time ago.
    According to MFP I end up most of the time with 500-1000 calories/day to spare! So even if I underestimate my calorie intake, i still should be on target to loose weight.... Which is not happening.

Looking at your diary - the first thing that caught my notice was HUGE calorie burns from exercise. Are you training for a marathon? Do you wear a HRM? What are you counting as exercise and how are you calculated it? It seems like you could be overestimating.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Everything is so unexpectedly sweet in US! And then last I blame all genetically modified produce, which is banned in country I am originally from. But since now I live in US, it is not possible to avoid all this. I try to reduce it as much as I can, but.... it is impossible to eliminate it all.

Totally agree! Buttercream frosting is disgusting. Oh yes - forgot to mention the GMO and antibiotics fed to animals.

We're doomed.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    IN. for magic pills

wait, they don't work? shocking
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.