? ? ? Jillian Who? ? ? Jillian What? ? ? ?

MirandaJayne
MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok people. I have heard about Jillian Michaels 30 Shred, but now I want to knwo what it is.

What kind of results have people seen while donig this routine?

Have people maintained the goals they reached after the 30 days?

How hard was it to stick to?

Is it just a workout video? I heard there might be a diet plan with it, true? False?

How difficult of a workout did people find the 60 mins was?

I'd appreciate lots of feedback. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Bump! :D
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    I use the 30 day shred and it has been my main sorce of exercise since I started in August. I've lost 67 pounds so far. I've kinda fallen off the last 2 onths because I'm pretty much to where i need to be but im back on trying to lose another 15 pounds. I love the shred. it realy kicks your *kitten* and its only 10 bucks at wal-mart. plus its only like 25 mins. if you want more then try her banish fat and boost metabolism dvd. thats a 45 min work out almost exactly like the shred. i love the shred and im sure you will like it too. just stick with it. dont give up!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I'm not sure about the diet plan. I know there is diet plans on her website. It is a workout DVD. I did it 3 or 4 times a week for a few weeks and I saw good results. I lost inches but not so much weight. Most likely because I was gaining muscle and toneing. You can change the intensity with your hand weights. I really liked the DVD if you need a quick workout. I wouldn't only do the DVD. I would combine it with something else. I also do the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout and I LOVE that DVD as well. It's not that hard to stick with but I didn't do it every day. I don't think I could if I wanted to! I think I answered the questions you had! Let me know if you have more!
  • price805
    price805 Posts: 20
    I've started the 30 day shred before. It's worth the 9 bucks that it cost at walmart. I didn't do a diet plan with it, but there might be one.

Unfortunately life happened including an ankle sprain so I can't do it right now, but if you are looking for a workout that will do the full body in a relatively short period of time this might be a good choice. I never got past level 1 because it was still kicking my butt after 3 weeks. However, it does get you results because it combines the cardio with strength training and abs. It's circuit training. As for keeping it going afterwords, I imagine your body would be so toned and fit that just continuing to exercise regularly and eating healthy would be enough.

But like I said I never finished it and can't do it right now because my ankle is still not ready for jumping up and down on it. And there is jumping...jumping jacks, jump rope...in level 1 and then more jumping in level 2.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I did the whole 30 days and finished a few weeks ago. I started the last week of January. I lost 24 of my 31lbs in that time. This inluded drastically changing what I have been eating so that helps too! Although, I did not get the book for her diet plan for The Shred. If you want to look at my pics they are on my profile. My before is of me in the white tank and grey pants (215lbs) and my afters are me in the red shirt (188lbs) and the navy shirt taken a few nights ago (184lbs). One of my friends saw my after pics and said I had "skinny arms"! Couldn't believe it!! Anyway you can tell that I have toned up quite a bit even though I am only about 1/2 way to my weight loss goal.

The exercise itself is circuit training.There are 3 levels. You don't do the whole DVD at once. You are encouraged to start at level one and keep at it until it gets too easy and move on to the next level. It usually takes about 10 days to be comfortable to move up there for 30days for each level. Each level consists of 3 circuits of: 3 min strength (push ups, lots of plank work, lunges and stuff with hand weights) 2 min cardio (lots of jumping, jogging/running in place, jumping jacks and shadow boxing etc) and 1 min abs (crunches and a lot of other ways to be tortured!! lol). There is also a good warm up and cool down with each level. The workouts themselves are 20min, with everything about 26 min, but you will definitely be sweating and sore. If you want you can look on youtube and there are some clips from "The 30Day Shred" there. I do know that it is inexpensive/ I bought it for $9 at walmart. You will need some small handweights and a mat if you have hard floors.

I was sore the first 4 or 5 days but then things got easier. It took me a little over 30 days to complete because I gave myself rest days here and there if I felt like it. I have gone down 2 pants sizes and I am close to going down one more. I haven't measured inches yet, so not sure how many inches I have lost. Even though I have finished "The Shred" I continue to use it in my workout routine because I really like it a lot.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    A friend of mine asked for a review so I'm just going to copy what I wrote her in here. :)I've been using the 30day shred system since 2-2-10. For the first 30days I did it every day, by the end I was doing two levels at a time.

I love Jillian's 30day shred. I did the whole program and now use the different levels as my off day workouts. There aren't any cons to the program! The music pumps and gets you ready for an awesome workout. I loved Jillian's you need your *kitten* kicked attitude. When your muscles burn and you feel like your "gargling your heart" and you want to quit she really pushes you to keep going. Jillian is thorough when explaining the exercises; I feel like not only am I safely preforming the movements, but effectively preforming them as well. I lost 8lbs and a total of 8 inches in the first 30 days of doing 30day shred . I have met my goal weight and lost a total of 10lbs and 12 inches doing 30day shred and mixing in other workouts. I contribute most of that loss to Jillian's 30day shred system. I have recommend this workout to many many people and will continue to do so. Jillian rocks!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    I use the 30 day shred and it has been my main sorce of exercise since I started in August. I've lost 67 pounds so far. I've kinda fallen off the last 2 onths because I'm pretty much to where i need to be but im back on trying to lose another 15 pounds. I love the shred. it realy kicks your *kitten* and its only 10 bucks at wal-mart. plus its only like 25 mins. if you want more then try her banish fat and boost metabolism dvd. thats a 45 min work out almost exactly like the shred. i love the shred and im sure you will like it too. just stick with it. dont give up!

Wow! You lost 67 pounds by ONLY doing the Shred? Or did you add something else to it? I did the shred two weeks ago for about three weeks and didn't see much of a difference. I'm looking to lose about the same about as you. About 60lbs.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    I just bought the 30 day shred and have started this past Monday. It is a great workout (especially for the $9 I spent on it). However, aside from doing the Jillian's shred I am also doing Power 90 Levels 1-2. My goal right now for the shred is to keep doing level 1 for the first 30 days, then do level 2 for the next 30 days, and so on, BUT if I feel that I should go to level 2 before the 30 days are up then I will do that.

I am excited about doing it. The music is nice and as someone else mentioned Jillian does a great job explaining each move.

Go ahead and start shredding!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I'm normally not a DVD person... I don't like to work out in the living room 'cause someone could come home and see me (awkward) and there's not enough room in the bedroom where the other tv is... but I kinda want to try this now that you guys have thoroughly explained it. Every time I walk by the demo at the store, it's always when she's explaining a move & I'm too lazy to stick around and watch.

I may get it... ya can't beat $10!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    I'm normally not a DVD person... I don't like to work out in the living room 'cause someone could come home and see me (awkward) and there's not enough room in the bedroom where the other tv is... but I kinda want to try this now that you guys have thoroughly explained it. Every time I walk by the demo at the store, it's always when she's explaining a move & I'm too lazy to stick around and watch.

I may get it... ya can't beat $10!

I know what you mean... you ladies have me sold! I don't want to work out in my living room because I'm afraid I'll fall into the basement, lol. I may just give it a shot anyway!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    A friend of mine asked for a review so I'm just going to copy what I wrote her in here. :)I've been using the 30day shred system since 2-2-10. For the first 30days I did it every day, by the end I was doing two levels at a time.

When your muscles burn and you feel like your "gargling your heart" and you want to quit she really pushes you to keep going. I have recommend this workout to many many people and will continue to do so. Jillian rocks!
    I LOVE LOVE how you put this:tongue: , great description of her vid:drinker:
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    I LOVE the 30 day shred video... it's nice because it offers variety (3 levels), and I can do it at home. Jillian on the other hand... I'm NOT a fan of her (haha). I used to really like her, but last week I heard and interview where she mentioned she'd never have a baby because of what it'd do to her body... now I think she has some body imagine issues. I just can't look at her the same as I did when I thought she was just trying to help everyone!! :laugh:
  • MirandaJayne
    I LOVE the 30 day shred video... it's nice because it offers variety (3 levels), and I can do it at home. Jillian on the other hand... I'm NOT a fan of her (haha). I used to really like her, but last week I heard and interview where she mentioned she'd never have a baby because of what it'd do to her body... now I think she has some body imagine issues. I just can't look at her the same as I did when I thought she was just trying to help everyone!! :laugh:

If she has said she didn't want to have children for anyother reason would have accepted that? And to say you don't like her because of her own personal view on child birth is only one aspect of her and to doa 180 because of her one personal chouce? *shrugs* She isnt saying everyone should do this this is just her choice.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    I believe she did mention she has some body image issues. Being overweight as a teenager she shares she's yet to get over the pain of that.

I think she's hardcore because of how much she does care (but I think that's what makes her an excellent trainer, but she's not likely for everyone) but I think she's a marshmellow inside:tongue::flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010

If she has said she didn't want to have children for anyother reason would have accepted that? And to say you don't like her because of her own personal view on child birth is only one aspect of her and to doa 180 because of her one personal chouce? *shrugs* She isnt saying everyone should do this this is just her choice.
    agreed! There are probably a number of ppl that feel similiar but it's simply not in the news. She makes her living on her image. Her body, her choice. Why we'd even be discussing how she's not OK because she choses to adopt vs. give birth is a bit personal and certainly not any of our business. What about a friend we have, would we get into a big discussion with them on the issue of what 'we felt' was right and wrong' (it would merely be our opinion is all on the matter)

She also came out a short time later and mentioned that the article wasn't quite how she said it, that her words in the interview/mags hadn't come out the way she shared them during the interview.

OMG! Please forgive all my strange typo's and misplaced word useages, typing to fast I guess:blushing:
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    I planned on getting this at Walmart today and doing the first level tonight!!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Let me just say that when I was skinny (well..my idea of skinny anyway) I did 55 minutes of fat blasting tae bo every single night except weekends...and that was NOTHING compared to the 25 minutes of workout on the 30 day shred...I just started yesterday and I'm so sore but it's not like I can't move...I'm just sore....but it makes you sweat like CRAZY!! I'm excited to see what kind of results I'll get with it!
  • MirandaJayne
    Decided! Gonna hit up Walmart on my way between jobs this afternoon!

Thanks ladies.
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member

Wow! You lost 67 pounds by ONLY doing the Shred? Or did you add something else to it? I did the shred two weeks ago for about three weeks and didn't see much of a difference. I'm looking to lose about the same about as you. About 60lbs.

No it was not the only work out I did. I walk for 20 mins every day and I had another video that I used that I had gotten from LA Weightloss when I was going to go there. But the shred is the most difficult and gives you the best results out of what I've been doing. I work out for about an hour a day. Plus I eat healthy. And I dont drink soda. not even diet soda. Pretty much just water and oj.
  • MirandaJayne
    Well 2 Walmarts and 1 Future Shop later, I finally found 1 copy of the 30 day sherd. I also picked up her Blast Fat Boost Metabolism.

Gonna start my 30days Sunday May 2nd!! :embarassed:
This discussion has been closed.