Need a Crash / Contest Prep type diet? I've got 12 days.

Options
Hey all, ok this is going to sound petty, and totally vain, but hey I figure that's what half the people on this site are here for.

Ok, so this morning I get a text that my friends are signing up for one of these 5K color runs where they throw dye on you. All the guys are going in colored afros big goofy sunglasses and no shirts.

So.... I gotta cut up as much as I can in 12 days.... I'm down for any sort of diet... I normally eat pretty clean anyway, I'm at about %16 BF.

so with this limited amount of time, what can I do to target April 6th as a peak date to be as lean as possible??

No carb? Carb Cycling? Cut out Fruit? More of the same just lower cals by say 1000 under BMR? Tons of Water? All ideas are welcome. I don't plan on sticking to this diet by the way, I'll go back to my slow cut and clean eating after the 6th.

Current Stats, 38 years old, 6'1.5", 223lbs, 16%BF waist 36.75"

Couple of other things I have in my options list, got some 1,3 Dimelthylamine pills (don't really feel them) and Ritalin, which I quit taking cuz I'm lazy (or maybe too add to remember) but would probably kick up my metabolisim a bit.

(Please no "Why do you care what you look like?" responses.. why do you comb your hair in the morning? )

THANKS!

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would think ultra low carb (like Atkins induction) and eating clean with lots of water would be the healthiest (least harmful) way to do it.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    dr oz three day juice cleanse? google it, it's basically a way of ditching a bunch of poop.

the ideal protein diet (developped by doctors, full of chemicals) is a 900 calorie a day diet that keeps you functioning with high levels of protein... you could do a variation on that... cut your calories dramatically, but make sure you still eat a ton of protein and LOTS of veggies (or you will never poop again)

i don't support or condone this, but it\s some ideas, i joined weight watchers in anticipation of getting married, knowing it wasn't going to "change my life", so i get it. (and it didn't change my life, it helped me get to a reasonable weight that i blew within months of the wedding here i am at square 1 again - well square 2 I'm down almost 20 lbs)

have fun being painted! sounds like a blast
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Psmf
  • superchargedRD
    superchargedRD Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    this isn't that hard. basically low carb and low sodium. and by low sodium, pretty much all your food should have no seasoning on it. for cardio I'd stick to walking and nothing too intense.

problem is, the things you do to get cut for a show are the exact opposite of what you would want to do to perform in an endurance contest. that said, it's only 3 miles, so your chance of death is minimal. chance of cramps are high tho.

i'd like your chance of getting where you want to be if you had 30 days instead of 10. your calendar broken?

edited to add: whatever the effects of the drugs you mentioned are, I have no idea. far outside my area of experience and i'd leave that BS alone if i were you.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what you look like? Just have fun.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Super-Awesome topic and suggestions for people who are looking for quick fixes that don't care about long term health. Like those with disordered mentalities.

Good work, dude. :flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    HCG! No...not really...just try what DavPul said. Low carb, low sodium. If you feel like you have no energy on race day from depriving yourself of carbs for 10 days, then pop a few ritalin before the race. Or not. You might end up having a heart attack. Disregard everything I have said.

Edit: Do what DavPul said.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You have two prescriptions for stimulants? I could see having two if you were currently on one and simply have the old med as a failed medication (I myself have a few of those shoved into my bathroom cabinet), but I would strongly advise on not using those off-label.

If you are taking one of those prescriptions for an actual condition, you would need to double or more dose to get the speed rush you're looking for - and that is an overdose. Very very bad idea.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey all, guess I can't edit my original post? I should mention.. this 5K is just for a goof, I can do 5K in my sleep, this is NOT competitive, one of the people in my group is actually in a wheel chair so we are pushing her, so this is in no way for time. I just want to have some cool pics at the end, and would prefer to be less flabby. I've got the RogueRunner coming up April 27th and the Tough Mudder in November, probably a couple of other "real" runs between now and then, you can bet I won't be doing this kind of stuff for those.

Also, regarding the meds I mentioned.. I have no intention of taking those the day of race.. or "fun walk" to be more accurate. 1,3 Dime, is not a script, that was purchased OTC at a local nutrition zone. If anyone has taken Jacked3D that is the active ingredient, honestly if you do not know what Jacked3D is, your are likely not a long term serious weight lifter, so disregard this post. Both of those are just stims that generally will raise your metab a little, neither in my opinion do as much as ephedrine
    in my opinion, I would just use those a bit to get my metab up a bit. I'm prescribed Ritalin, but I don't take it, I will probably take it to the minimum and add 1,3 later in the evening. Both of those would not be taken above the recommended dosages, so seriously don't trip on that.

If I really wanted to Lose I'd get some Dinitrophenol (no way in hell btw) ....... again, if you don't know what that is, you probably don't need to respond to this topic.

By the way, my diet log is public so feel free to critique, I will definitely be adding more water, cutting a ton of sodium, just looking for some other ideas from knowledgable people.

Thanks again.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Two 40oz of Olde English should do the trick.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    Options
    Super-Awesome topic and suggestions for people who are looking for quick fixes that don't care about long term health. Like those with disordered mentalities.

Good work, dude. :flowerforyou:

Junken, This isn't a post for advice for anyone but me, and it is in no way a long term plan. I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but EVERY fitness competitor, male or female, or bodybuilder, male or female has a pre-contest diet and prep plan to get ready for that big day. Believe me, none of them walk around at %5 BF all year long and just walk up to the stage on contest day. There is a method for contest prep, that is what this post is about.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    If I really wanted to Lose I'd get some Dinitrophenol (no way in hell btw) ....... again, if you don't know what that is, you probably don't need to respond to this topic.

By the way, my diet log is public so feel free to critique, I will definitely be adding more water, cutting a ton of sodium, just looking for some other ideas from knowledgable people.

Thanks again.

I'm responding only because you told me that I don't need to respond to this topic. Also, you spelled knowledgeable wrong..
  • SanDiegoCasey
    Options
    I'm responding only because you told me that I don't need to respond to this topic. Also, you spelled knowledgeable wrong..

Looks like I need to ditch the A.D.D. meds and look for something that treats sporadic dyslexia. LOL.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    this isn't that hard. basically low carb and low sodium. and by low sodium, pretty much all your food should have no seasoning on it. for cardio I'd stick to walking and nothing too intense.

problem is, the things you do to get cut for a show are the exact opposite of what you would want to do to perform in an endurance contest. that said, it's only 3 miles, so your chance of death is minimal. chance of cramps are high tho.

i'd like your chance of getting where you want to be if you had 30 days instead of 10. your calendar broken?

edited to add: whatever the effects of the drugs you mentioned are, I have no idea. far outside my area of experience and i'd leave that BS alone if i were you.

Yup. You'll lose a bunch of water weight and maybe 2-3lbs of fat if you're lucky and you really cut calories.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    you dont NEED a crash diet for 12 days.

You really think anything would make you look any different?

Just be happy and have fun...please.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    you dont NEED a crash diet for 12 days.

You really think anything would make you look any different?

Just be happy and have fun...please.

No kidding.
    It's a 5k....
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    dude u so look flabby...just wear a compession shirt and throw dye on that.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what you look like? Just have fun.

This...