To those who lift: I HAVE to brag

Options
redheaddee
redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
As those who know me already know, I am on vacation this week. So hubby and I get to the YMCA around 1030ish and settle in for a nice, long session. So we warm up, we complete our first set (deadlifts, of course), and this dude walks over and asks "how many more sets?" I respond "3 sets each of squats and we are done here." "Can I work in?" he asks. "Certainly," I reply.

So we finish our sets, super nice guy, shamed us on amounts, which of course I joke about and make him laugh.

Then my early morning trainer walks over and tells me who it is.

mrsc_zps091e739c.jpg

Mr. South Carolina. Mr. Fracking South Carolina 2012 y'all.

"Milton took first-place honors at the S.C. National Physique Committee State Championships' open light heavyweight division. He also won the overall S.C. bodybuilding championship and was named Mr. South Carolina"

You should see this mofo do a squat. Pulls the bench over and sets a 25# on the bench flat. 385# on the rack if I am doing my math right. So when he squats, he sits on the weight & bench, thus stopping his momentum and making it more difficult; Leroy (the trainer) is telling me. All the while the hubby and me are mouth openly staring. This dude is fracking impressive.

And I got to workout with him.

/brag.

Replies

• __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    nice
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    inspiring!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    box squats
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    not that much tbh.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    probably a light day... still cool to see a pro level bodybuilder
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Pretty freaking awesome
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool. I admit I'd be subtly asking around about his schedule so I could come watch again.
  • redheaddee
    Options
    probably a light day... still cool to see a pro level bodybuilder

Those were apparently his warm-ups.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • redheaddee
    Options
    box squats

So they have a name. Yeah, I want to work up to those. That was pretty damn impressive, despite dio's nonchalant-ness :tongue:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    box squats

So they have a name. Yeah, I want to work up to those. That was pretty damn impressive, despite dio's nonchalant-ness :tongue:

I've heard some people say that everyone should actually start with those. Teaches good form.