HRM frustration!

Options
I am soooo annoyed my Polar FT4 kept messing up and my HR "dropped" rapidly every time I got to the floor to work on my abs.
Now I have a new one tried it out today and still the same thing, even when I'm sat down to stretch! So annoyed! Not only did it keep doing that but it kept cutting out completely :'(

Anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wash the band

I'd have it happen, I hit the stop button, reset it, and then it works.
    Unless I'm swimming.
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Its a brand new one, I thought after the 5th use unless I've swam it shouldn't need washing in the machine just a rinse.
  • PriscillaBankston
    PriscillaBankston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My gym buddy and I both bought one this year in January. I haven't had a bit of problems but my friend says hers keeps messing up daily.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You need to clean the electrode portion of the band after every use because the sweat builds up in there. You also need the strap on tight, almost too tight so it keeps good contact with your skin at all times. Make sure the electrodes are really wet before you put it on as well. It can sometimes get messed up if you have an underwire bra or I have a sports bra with a really thick elastic around the bottom that seems to interfere if it gets over the transmitter. Some ppl turn the band so the transmitter is off to one side a bit, I think that may have something to do with the shape of your rib cage.