Just Looking for a few friends :)

Options
shadow2soul
shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
I joined MFP back in November, but didn't start fully using it till earlier this month. I'd love to have a few supportive friends on here.

Last year after I had my son, I started trying to lose weight and work back to a healthier me. I was 260lbs in January last year, which is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I chose to put my self on a pretty strict diet and started working out. By June I realized there was no way I could sustain the diet forever. By August I had stopped dieting and working out. I had made it down to 198lbs.

Jan 2012 to May 2012
1zv5s1g.jpg
After I stopped dieting and working out, I over course gained weight back. By Jan this year, I was up to 218lbs. This time instead of some dramatic diet, I've decided it will probably be easier to just cut calories and make healthy eating choices (combined with working out of course).

My goal for now is to get down to 125-135lbs, which is what I weighed 4 years ago and was the last time I was happy with my body.

My goal
34fy5om.jpg

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! i joined in January, 2013 and have dropped 21 lbs. It has been slow, but I am VERY Happy with my results. By tracking your food and exercise you will begin to see results. It really was eye-opening to see how many calories I used to eat in one meal alone!!!

You can do this!!! It is so incredible you have pictures of you before as a goal for you now!

Add me if you'd like!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! i joined in January, 2013 and have dropped 21 lbs. It has been slow, but I am VERY Happy with my results. By tracking your food and exercise you will begin to see results. It really was eye-opening to see how many calories I used to eat in one meal alone!!!

You can do this!!! It is so incredible you have pictures of you before as a goal for you now!

Add me if you'd like!

I have the pictures, because at the time I was debating whether or not I needed to lose a few pounds. My doctor at the time was concerned because my weight was close to being considered overweight for my height according to the BMI scale.