My Strange Addiction

Options
MochaMixAZ
MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
... ever seen the show? Examples have been folks that sniff mothballs, eat only cat treats, drink gasoline, are addicted to their stuffed animals.

What's your strange addiction?

Mine is whenever I'm near a beach, I'm compelled to taste the sand. My mouth actually waters. I lick my finger, dig down into the sand, then touch the tip of my finger to my tongue. Seriously weird, but happens every time!!!

Replies

• HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like that show....I don't think I have any strange addictions but I am a bit OCD lol
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    the chick who eats deoderant was the worst.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I've heard horror stories about this show...
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    The lady who ate Vick's Vapo-Rub, wow, I honestly could not finish watching that episode. But I don't have any strange addictions myself. (Only normal ones!:laugh: )
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, that show is crazy....

a few that have made me go WTH!?!?!: the guy who picks hair out of the shower drain, the guy in love with his car, the lady that eats ashes of the deceased.... and the list goes on and on and on.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Just saw the one where that freak was drinking blood! OMG it was nasty!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Crazy show. Was able to sit through the french fry one. Don't think I'd make it through any of these.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I think the episode that grossed me out the most was the blood drinking one.... followed by the one that had meaningful relationships with blow up dolls... and the one that ate the couch cushions. WACKY!!!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The vapor rub one was awful..and the other chick was eating the little rubber things off of tires..so nasty...
    no strange addictions for me..thank god!!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I had an addiction to chewing scotts tissue paper. I'm 5 years clean now.
  • SugarFemme24
    SugarFemme24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love that show! OMG!

The lady who eats the ashes of her dead husband freaked me out!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I love that show! OMG!

The lady who eats the ashes of her dead husband freaked me out!

Wtf
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Crazy show! The worst one to me was the one where the woman was eating her deceased husbands ashes!!!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    the one who saved her urine to bathe in it, drink it and use it as lotion kinda worried me....
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Super weird show! mine is watching shows like that! LOL
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    I'm sort of addicted to smelling my hands and fingers. I can't stand when they smell like anything other than soap or lotion.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    the one who saved her urine to bathe in it, drink it and use it as lotion kinda worried me....

This is the only one that made me seriously go WTF... she figured it was a cancer fighter.. yeah no thanks.

I do not have a strange addiction that I am aware of, however; OP. Have you looked to see WHY you are compelled to taste the sand at the beach? I am just curious no judgement I find the stuff really interesting.

I have a friend who has PICA she actually eats dirt - not store bought dirt, just dirt from her garden/yard she is working with a therapist and a Dr to get it under control.
  • zitarae
    zitarae Posts: 8
    Options
    Coming from someone who has a degree in Psychology, I have to say that I LOVE that show! I have not watched them all, but so far there has only been one that I was unable to sit through so far and that was the episode where the girl was addicted to taxidermy. GROSS! I am a HUGE animal lover and I just couldn't stand watching her do that. Ugh, it made me sick to my stomach.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    The lady that ate rocks. Or terra cotta pots. Just crunched 'em up - no worries about her teeth or insides...how about the lady who ate laundry soap or dryer sheets or the drywall eater lady.

Not as weird as ash-husband-for snack. And her mom who somehow made it seem not as crazy. The gal was worried what she would do once the ashes were gone..

The shower drain/hair guy....eww.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I cannot even watch the show. I have tried, but it just creeps me out too much!