I need help

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
So I lost 1 lb and gained 4 lbs...I AM DONE. No matter what I do.....eat clean, eat ****, up calories, lower calories, work out like mad, easy on workouts, drink **** tons of water and not I CANNOT get ahead. My thyroid has been checked....Dr tells me to eat 2,000 calories/day and I gain. I am NOT ok with being over 200 lbs. I will NOT settle at this weight. And my diary is open....doesnt really matter how I eat.....sodium up, down, fiber up down, protein up down, I have been on a plateau for over a year now. Should I go way back down to hardly any calories like I did when I started 2 years ago? I am starving at less than 1700 calories. HELP!

Replies

• bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    are you currently eating 2000 a day? is that including what you are burning with working out? what is your approximate calorie burn a day?
  • poesch77
    Options
    I try to stay around 2,000 calories per day. I cut my workouts back from 6 days/ wk to 3-4 days to see if that mattered. I finally lost a 1.2lb a day ago and am up 4 lbs today....I know with water weight fluctuations, etc...this can happen but seriously have lost and gained the same 10-15 lbs for over a year now. Had a full lab workup done, went of BCPs, try different workouts repeatedly (Insanity, P90X, Shred, TURBOjAM, Hip Hop Abs, Bikini Butt Lift) NOTHING is working. Why even bother.
  • bfbooty
    Options
    You don't have to answer but do you have any health problems, such as IBS, skin problems eczema, asthma, any kind of bowel or stomach problems, do you sleep ok anything at all that might indicate Leaky gut syndrome? (google leaky gut many people have it and have no idea they have it as it's the underlying cause for many health issues), the reason why i ask if Leaky gut has also been linked with difficulty to lose weight, with leaky gut cos you are releasing toxins into your system they tend to then cling onto fat cells making it very hard to shift them

I am no expert by any means this is just from my own research but from what i understand and feel i also have experience with is that if you start to try and heal leaky gut it should start to help with your symptoms of any other health problems including weightloss

I can highly recommend Aloe Vera gel for this is very gentle but very effective if you google Forever Living they do the best on the market

HTH
  • poesch77
    Options
    I have Psoriasis and I cannot poop....lol! I have tried upping fiber, drinks, bars, cutting dairy SENNA tea....since I started tracking y food I dont poop. I also have GERD and no gallbladder.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It says you've lost 56 pounds so far.

Also, you ate 3000 calories on Saturday. And you think you're burning 600 calories an hour doing Tae Bo or Hip Hop Abs.

I'd say drop those calorie burn estimates by a third and hit your calorie goal every day. If still no change after 2 weeks, drop the calorie goal by 150 or 200 calories.
  • poesch77
    Options
    One day of overage isnt going to make me gain 4lbs. I have been working at this for 2 years. I also use a HRM so calorie burns are accurate.
  • bfbooty
    Options
    I have Psoriasis and I cannot poop....lol! I have tried upping fiber, drinks, bars, cutting dairy SENNA tea....since I started tracking y food I dont poop. I also have GERD and no gallbladder.

well the aloe gel will help you with those problems i have seen it work on both bowel problems and skin problems, but as the poster bellow has also said make sure your cal burn is as accurate as possible, and keep within your daily goal every day going 1000 over your cal goal is a very high amount to be going over by.

i am not sure how forever living works over there but i ma sure if you go online you will find a distributor in your area who can supply you the drink and advise on how best to take it according to your condition, the dossages can change with bowel issues
  • bfbooty
    Options
    One day of overage isnt going to make me gain 4lbs. I have been working at this for 2 years. I also use a HRM so calorie burns are accurate.

what time of day do you weigh in is the same time every day? my weight fluctuates throughout the day easily up to 5lbs and that can still fluctuate within a few days of each other, certain foods make me bloat and retain water e.t.c i know after i have eaten some things to never weigh in the next day cos i won't like what the scales say, your 4lb gain may not even be a true gain iykwim
  • jonnythan
    Options

It is my opinion that HRMs are wildly inaccurate, actually. There are a number of variables that the HRM has to completely guess at, and they're generally very wrong. Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

3100 calories March 1
    2700 March 5
    2600 March 8
    3300 March 9
    2500 March 10

Clearly you're messing up somewhere since you haven't been losing weight. The thing that jumps out immediately at me is "eating too much and overestimating calories burned during exercise."

Feel free to disagree, but that's what I see.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Did your doctor clinically test your BMR to come up with 2000 calories? That seems high for a woman wanting to lose weight.

ETA: have you tried a daily probiotic for the constipation? It can really make a difference.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    According to your profile, you're ~200 pounds and 35 years old. Assuming you're an average height (5'4) your BMR is about 1660.

That means your sedentary TDEE is right around 2000 calories.

You log exercise such as Hip Hop Abs and "shopping" into MFP.

In other words: your calorie goal is set to maintenance.

You need to drop your calorie goal. Set it to 1600 for a start and roll with that for a few weeks. Meet the goal every day while being realistic about your calorie burns (this means either ignore the HRM or cut the number by a third).
  • bfbooty
    Options

It is my opinion that HRMs are wildly inaccurate, actually. There are a number of variables that the HRM has to completely guess at, and they're generally very wrong. Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

3100 calories March 1
    2700 March 5
    2600 March 8
    3300 March 9
    2500 March 10

Clearly you're messing up somewhere since you haven't been losing weight. The thing that jumps out immediately at me is "eating too much and overestimating calories burned during exercise."

Feel free to disagree, but that's what I see.

I am sorry but it does seem based on this that you are simply eating too much!! you really need to lower your calorie intake i would imagine eating at between 16000-18000 a day would help you see some results
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    According to your profile, you're ~200 pounds and 35 years old. Assuming you're an average height (5'4) your BMR is about 1660.

That means your sedentary TDEE is right around 2000 calories.

You log exercise such as Hip Hop Abs and "shopping" into MFP.

In other words: your calorie goal is set to maintenance.

You need to drop your calorie goal. Set it to 1600 for a start and roll with that for a few weeks. Meet the goal every day while being realistic about your calorie burns (this means either ignore the HRM or cut the number by a third).

^^
    Agree on the HRM. I always minus 10-15% of calorie burn when logging. They are not 100% accurate. They are just a tool.
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Stop whining. Be patient. It's a journey and a lifestyle, not a sprint. Take a look in the mirror and an even closer look at your diary. Get a digital scale, weigh everything, stop cheating more than once a month, and make those cheat meals, not cheat days.
  • Bigblondelady
    Bigblondelady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in a similur boat, but mine is a tank liner. The weight fluctuation can be flustrating, if you do it at different times different types of foods and rest levels it all plays a part. the others have given great advice on consistancy. Might I add not two often , do it the same time but onlt twice a week or so. focuse on the calorie and exersize goals in between the weight checks. You might be sabotaging and not even knowing it cause you are stressing over the scale. Also you talked to your doctor about this and test and all, but do you have dietitians over there? They specialize in this and have a much more precise aproach to diet. Hope this helps . would love to keep in touch
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much. 2000 calories a day and eating back the exercise calories burned. There's just not enough of a deficit there. Drop your calories to 1600-1700. Re-evaluate your logging accuracy, buy a food scale if need be. Start doing some serious strength training. 56 pound lost is great! And still way ahead of the game WHY throw the towel in now?!?! That's just silly!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I am not a lawyer, doctor, or tier one operator...
    but just from looking at your diary. You're eating to maintain, not lose. So, I wouldn't be surprised.

For example, Saturday was a boner.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Stop whining. Be patient. It's a journey and a lifestyle, not a sprint. Take a look in the mirror and an even closer look at your diary. Get a digital scale, weigh everything, stop cheating more than once a month, and make those cheat meals, not cheat days.

No whining just sick of this. No crap its a lifestyle change....2 years of watching it has made me give up.....the crappy eating going over.....I have a scale and do weigh everything. How long have u been at this? I would have thought after 2 years I would have lost more than 50lbs. I am 5'6 1/2 BTW....little above average height. I got a HRM because MFP seemed way off for calorie burns. So I should go by their calculations then?
  • jonnythan
    Options

No whining just sick of this. No crap its a lifestyle change....2 years of watching it has made me give up.....the crappy eating going over.....I have a scale and do weigh everything. How long have u been at this? I would have thought after 2 years I would have lost more than 50lbs. I am 5'6 1/2 BTW....little above average height. I got a HRM because MFP seemed way off for calorie burns. So I should go by their calculations then?

You need to sort out your calorie goal first. 2000 is maintenance calories for you. You need to lower that significantly.

Now as for the HRM, I'd say use it if you want, just take 25-30% off the numbers you enter.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Read my original post....my Doctor told me to eat 2,000 calories per day or more to start losing again. I know that seems like a lot that is why I am putting myself out there.