Lookin for some Heavy Lifting Ladies (or even Guys!)

Options
I'm starting the Starting Strength program and am looking to befriend some other people doing a heavy lifting program like SS, 5/3/1, Stronglifts, etc. to help keep me going. I'm 5'6", 26 yo female, weigh ~140 lbs, and am a beginner to weight training. I started lifting in Nov 2012 after my boyfriend introduced me to it. I've really enjoyed it and have seen some nice benefits so far (who knew I had biceps and quads?!), but I haven't had any real direction with it which is why I wanted to start this program.

I'm also interested in hearing your stats and what kind of progress you've made, like starting weights for the primary lifts, how often and how much weight you added etc... Just want to see what kind of progress I can expect.

I am predicting my starting weights will be something like this:
Squat = 50-60 lbs
Bench = 40-45 lbs
Deadlift = I really have no clue where I'll be here
OH Press = 35-40 lbs

I can't do Powercleans, as my gym doesn't have any actual barbell equipment, just a crummy Smith Machine. I know it isn't the best thing, but it's all I've got right now so I'm willing to work with it. My bf has been doing 5/3/1 with it and has seem some impressive gains in just a month, so I'm looking forward to the same.

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just sent a friend request.

I definitely recommend keeping a diary or journal of the weight you're doing, along with some measurements and a few pictures. When you progress, and see the changes, that will be a huge self-motivator.

5'2" and 139lbs. (in the middle of a cut).

When I first started benching, I was only able to bench 75 lbs. for six reps. Now I'm a little more than double that.
    Squats was 85 lbs., now 200lbs.
    Deadlift was 80 lbs., now 225lbs.
    OH Press was 25 lbs., now 90lbs.

Wish you a lotta good luck and fun times for you!