Performers

Options
How do you calculate the calories you use dancing in a show? I'm going to be working as an amusement park dancer in two months, so a lot of added cardiovto my day

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    They might already have an entry for dance in the My Fitness Pal database. Depending on your level of exertion you might start off with a baseline around 6 - 10 calories a minute. 6 would be a moderate workout and 10 would mean you're actually working up a good sweat that floods your eyes.

Also are you wearing a Mickey Mouse costume when you do this? That might make it a little bit higher of a cardio burn.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It's cardio, pick a number between 6 and 11 calorie burned per minute, based on the intensity of your workout. And be honest... few people go super intense every time.
  • WTJoyce
    WTJoyce Posts: 86
    Options
    Dance is listed as an exercise under cardio exercises on MFP.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    They might already have an entry for dance in the My Fitness Pal database. Depending on your level of exertion you might start off with a baseline around 6 - 10 calories a minute. 6 would be a moderate workout and 10 would mean you're actually working up a good sweat that floods your eyes.

Also are you wearing a Mickey Mouse costume when you do this? That might make it a little bit higher of a cardio burn.

Haha no Mickey, but I will probably have days I'm dancing in a "fur" costume
  • twhaley1990
    Options
    Dance is listed as an exercise under cardio exercises on MFP.

"Dance" is so generic though. I feel like there must be a difference in calories burned among different styles
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor. Then you can add it accurately each time, or come up with an average amount. "Dance" is definitely too generic. Marking out a routine vs. performing full-energy are very different burns. Sounds like fun!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Okay, now I'm really curious. (20 questions) Is it a woodland animal? Does it walk on two feet?
  • twhaley1990
    Options

Okay, now I'm really curious. (20 questions) Is it a woodland animal? Does it walk on two feet?

Haha I was not actually told who I would be "friends" with, but I assume based on my height my options are Tweety, Taz, or Daffy