Someone please confirm if my calories calculated are correct

Hi,

I am 5'4 female , Age 34 Wt : 142 lbs and workout 5 days a week for an hr at an outdoor fitness boot camp where I burn an average of 450 cals(as per my HRM). After putting in my numbers in the calculator ( I counted the above as light activity) and doing a TDEE-20%, my calories come to 1550. Thats what I have setup in MFP and since I am doing TDEE-20%, I don't eat my exercise calories back. Does this number seem correct? Thanks in advance

Replies

• sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    I would count your exercise as "moderate activity" at least. That is 5 hours a week. So, more like 1800 calories total per day.

Use this calculator, and enter 3-5 hours per week of moderate exercise: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    I would count your exercise as "moderate activity" at least. That is 5 hours a week. So, more like 1800 calories total per day.

Use this calculator, and enter 3-5 hours per week of moderate exercise: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

This is exactly what I was going to say.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Estimated BMR = 1367
    TDEE = 1367 * 1.55 (5 days of exercise is moderate) = 2118
    CN = 2118 * .8 = 1695.

So 1700 calories at least.

Another way to look at it.

1367 * 1.2 (if you are sedentary outside of exercise) + 450 = 2090

CN = 2090 * .8 = 1672 ...

so 1700 calories either way.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    If you're not very active outside of boot camp, then you could also set your activity level at sedentary and then add your exercise calories in separately. Might get you a more accurate TDEE that way since you exercise 5 days a week and not every day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    ^^What they said, then do not eat back the exercise calories, if you are using one of their outside (off-site) calculators.