I got 'high' today!!

famousmel
famousmel Posts: 149 Member
I have been begging/praying for the day I would experience a runners 'high' as I am not a fan of jogging and wanted to know if i could get 'addicted' and actually look forward to the gym someday. Well, today's the day!!! I'm on Wk5 Day1 of C25K and it happened. I had to stop myself from crying I was so excited. There have been a lot of treadmill tears the last few weeks, I was just as sure I wouldn't be able to do it, as I was determined to finish the program. The fear has slowly been changing to excitement. Thanks to all my MFP's assurances. Keep on keepin' on...
PS. Almost had to hold up my yoga pants while I ran, time to invest in smaller ones with drawstrings!!!

Replies

• KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Awesome!!
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    So much awesome in this post! I have yet to feel the runner's high. The most exciting part for me (still) is when I'm finally done. I really hate it. Smaller pants=giant yay for you!! :)
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Woo-hoo! That's awesome!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 148 Member
    I can't wait! I'm on week 4 day 1 and I'm having such a hard time increasing my time/distance. I'm sure it's all mental but Man am I struggling. You've given me hope to jump back on the treadmill tonight.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    I often find that after a good workout my spirits are greatly lifted. I usually work out after a long sometimes stressful day in the office. I get home, throw on the workout clothes and hit the gym. Sometimes I find myself in almost an elated state afterwards.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Exactly twice in three years.Each time I was at a point when I was in pain and didn't think I could push any harder then-BOOM- It was like I wasn't even part of my body.

Very strange and awesome feeling.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Awesome job!! I love that high! You will have it more and more.
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Wow thats great, I can't ever imagine enjoying running.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    It's fantastic isnt it! You can just go and go and go
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    I did the same workout today! I can't say I had the same results but I was surprised I was able to do it with no pain and no struggle. This C25K thing really works. I'm looking forward to the next lesson but still a little scared for w5d3.
  • ShaktiB
    ShaktiB Posts: 17
    I'm on week 5 too!! Congratulations...I've been having the same feelings about running as what you describe...It really is an awesome experience :)
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    I experienced my first runner's high after W5D3 (the Big one!)!! It was the first time I felt great after exercising---ever!
  • r524reed
    r524reed Posts: 74 Member
    I know that feeling when I finished my 5k program and ran the whole thing I stood there and cried !!!! I felt like I had really accomplished something !!!! It's a great feeling !!!!
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    That's crazy to me, but I've got my hopes high:) Good on you!!
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    i get my runner's high every morning before i go for a run, makes the run that much better!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!