Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    whole organic. I drink raw personally.
  • syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    People bulking generally recommend whole organic milk. Because it's whole and organic...so..ya know. Yeah.

I love milk, however, my body, hates the stuff. I am lactose intolerant. If I wanted to play a horrible prank I would make a 16oz protein shake with whole milk. Oh lord the smells that come out of the human body and truly wretched!

Almond Milk is a good alternative and gives you MORE benefits (oz to oz) than normal milk. It's also something we intolerant folks can drink and is way lower in calories per serving! Draw back? It has less protein, by far than normal milk, with a poultry 1g a serving, vs the usuall 8-9g from whole milk.

But I supplement my protein anyway...sooo I don't care.

Out of interest mate, how can you tell if your lactose intolerant? I bloat after milk and get quite, lets say,gassy and they are usually BAD lol ask my misses! I have milk with my porridge/cereal only!

You are definitely lactose intolerant buddy. (In my opinion, your doctor would be able to examine you and tell you; they'd probably just listen to your symptoms and say "yup") Gas is the number one symptom I've seen from it; and have simply dealt with it my life, since I love the stuff so much. You'll bloat, burp, get cramps sometimes, gas, and sometimes your "movements" seem to pass straight through your body.

I would suggest switching to Almond Milk (Or Soy if you want...but it costs more and is gross IMO) for a week and see what happens, you body might be happier!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I only switched because skim milk froths better for my cappuccino.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Skim milk is considered milk? Seems more like whitewashed water to me.
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk not because it's any better than regular dairy milk but because I save calories using it.
  • wattsy84
    wattsy84 Posts: 123
    Options
    People bulking generally recommend whole organic milk. Because it's whole and organic...so..ya know. Yeah.

I love milk, however, my body, hates the stuff. I am lactose intolerant. If I wanted to play a horrible prank I would make a 16oz protein shake with whole milk. Oh lord the smells that come out of the human body and truly wretched!

Almond Milk is a good alternative and gives you MORE benefits (oz to oz) than normal milk. It's also something we intolerant folks can drink and is way lower in calories per serving! Draw back? It has less protein, by far than normal milk, with a poultry 1g a serving, vs the usuall 8-9g from whole milk.

Out of interest mate, how can you tell if your lactose intolerant? I bloat after milk and get quite, lets say,gassy and they are usually BAD lol ask my misses! I have milk with my porridge/cereal only!

You are definitely lactose intolerant buddy. (In my opinion, your doctor would be able to examine you and tell you; they'd probably just listen to your symptoms and say "yup") Gas is the number one symptom I've seen from it; and have simply dealt with it my life, since I love the stuff so much. You'll bloat, burp, get cramps sometimes, gas, and sometimes your "movements" seem to pass straight through your body.

I would suggest switching to Almond Milk (Or Soy if you want...but it costs more and is gross IMO) for a week and see what happens, you body might be happier!

Ill give that a try mate ;) thanks

Also should I cut eggs/cheese?
  • wattsy84
    wattsy84 Posts: 123
    Options
    I switched from semi to skimmed when I started my diet but now I've upped my cals I might try whole milk as I agree skimmed is white wash lol
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Skim milk is considered milk? Seems more like whitewashed water to me.

You know how beer is better in Canada? So is milk.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

eggs are completely fine. cheese... if you're worried about a lactose intolerance then yeah, cut it out for a while and see how you feel.

good news? parmeggiano reggiano is lactose free. but you gotta make sure you're using the good well-aged stuff.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of coconut milk, but it's a matter of preference and what's best for YOUR body. If I drank cow's milk, I'd be sick as a dog, so none of that for me!
  • syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options

Aren't actually dairy. That's just some weird thing that came up. You should be able to eat those fine.

Cheese however, I'm less sensitive to it myself, but you have to test the waters for yourself. If you're very sensitive then yes, cut it out.

A single gulp of milk sets me off all day, so my milk sensitivity is through the roof.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I say skim. Whole and skim has similar protein content. Skim is less in calories, non fat and has more calcium than whole.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I say skim. Whole and skim has similar protein content. Skim is less in calories, non fat and has more calcium than whole.

the fat is a non issue. if you're worried about calories however, yes, skim is fewer.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Without adequate fat I have a tough time recovering from workouts
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I drink 1% milk.