How to Track Jillian DVDs in Exercise

Options
I'll be doing my Jillian Body Revolution DVDs six times a week, but I'm not sure how to track them in Exercise here. They have both cardio and strength training, and I really don't want to break them down. Strength training required me to enter reps etc., so I ruled that out. Cardio wants me to enter calories burned, and I have no idea. Is there some easy way to just add DVD 1, DVD2, etc.? Should I just guess at the calories? Anyone have an easier way to do it?

Replies

• jmspies_wechanged
    Options
    I enter mine as 25 min calisthenics 5 min kick boxing. Or cardio days 30 min kickboxing. For me it comes out pretty close to what I burn.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor to track calorie burns. My burns for the same workout can vary by as much as 50 calories depending on my energy and effort that day. The HRM numbers seem pretty accurate for me. Logging it as "circuit training" via the MFP database will probably overstate your burn. If you eat back all of your exercise calories like I do, that will affect your results.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and added my own personal exercise "JM Body Rev" to my list...but it's basically circuit training. Try adding it under circuit training.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You can use the "circuit training, general" listing under cardio to log her DVD workouts that are a combo of cardio and strength. I use a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor and have found that the calorie burn per MFP using that listing is pretty close to the burn my HRM gives me.