eating more, scared

Options
After trying to eat below my BMR for weeks ( i was uneducated) I have decided to up my calories! I am so excited to eat more and plan on using the calories to eat more fruits and veg, but I am still scared to eat a few hundred more cals A DAY! Anyone have a positive experience with this they would be willing to share ( to calm my nerves...)

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I went from 1270 (MFP recommended) to 1560 (30% below TDEE) over 2 weeks ago. I have still consistently lost weight (slowly, but surely). I do not regret it. When I was eating 1270 cals, I was always hungry and obsessing about food. I would "snitch" while making dinner. At 1560, I no longer feel the need to snitch, but even if I do, I am usually still well below, so it is okay. I figured I would try this for a few weeks (I read that it takes about 4 weeks for your body to adjust) and if it wasn't working I'd go back to 1270. I WILL NOT go back now. I am so much happier!!!
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories about a month ago. I really recommend it. I'm never starving between meals, I have tons more energy, and am sleeping much better. At first, I gained like 4 lbs. But then lost it and evened out. I'm losing very slowly now, like at a snails pace, but it's better than not losing at all...like before I upped my calories. About the same time, I also started lifting heavy 3 times a week. I also recommend that. I'm only a lb or two below what I was when I started my new calorie level, but I've already gone down alomst a full pants size. I would much rather be able to eat more and still lose slowly than be starving all the time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nuts! A very small portion (so wont fill you) is an easy 100 cals! They were the first thing i Turned to when I was going from losing to maintaining.