Heart Rate Monitor

cardswimmom
cardswimmom Posts: 71
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Any ideas on what kind of Heart Rate Monitor I should get? I'm looking for a middle of the road model to help me accurately keep track of calories burned/heart rate while I swim and run. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but don't want a cheapy either. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,340 Member
    you kinda get what you pay for.

I have a Polar F6 and love it. $100.

Go to amazon.com to do research. Read the Reviews by users.

• CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member

I don't believe the F6 is water proof. You should check out the Garmin FR60. You can swim with it. You can also get it with the foot pod for your running. It has the ant+ to wireless sync with the Garmin Training Center too. Polar isn't fun trying to sync with your PC (I have the Polar F11, and a Garming Forerunner 305).

You can find the FR60 with the foot pod for about 180.
  • I have a Polar RS300X and love it. Plus, I bought it "new in the box" on eBay for like $50 off regular price!
  • cmriverside

I don't believe the F6 is water proof. You should check out the Garmin FR60. You can swim with it. You can also get it with the foot pod for your running. It has the ant+ to wireless sync with the Garmin Training Center too. Polar isn't fun trying to sync with your PC (I have the Polar F11, and a Garming Forerunner 305).

You can find the FR60 with the foot pod for about 180.

The F6 IS waterproof. I swim with it all the time - have even taken it Scuba diving.
  • cmriverside
    The Garmins are awesome.....but she asked for "mid-range" prices. Garmin is pretty high-end at $180.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    The Garmins are awesome.....but she asked for "mid-range" prices. Garmin is pretty high-end at $180.

I have a Runner's Garmin and love it and sadly did not get the one with the HRM since I already own a HRM (which is a piece of you know what!). I love the garmin!
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member

The F6 IS waterproof. I swim with it all the time - have even taken it Scuba diving.

That ticks me off then. I upgraded to the F11, because their website wasn't clear on anything below the F11 on being waterproof. I do like the replaceable band option on the F11 (because I had to replace it after a year of use).
  • Thank you all so much, very helpful info. I too wasn't sure if the F6 was waterproof, glad to know it is. I found it on Amazon (a cute pink one at that) for $84 so I think I'll get that one. Again - thank you all for your input! :smile:
  • cmriverside
    Thank you all so much, very helpful info. I too wasn't sure if the F6 was waterproof, glad to know it is. I found it on Amazon (a cute pink one at that) for $84 so I think I'll get that one. Again - thank you all for your input! :smile:

Cool! I have the same pink one. You will find it is the best piece of fitness equipment you can buy! Enjoy it. I've used mune for over a year and still haven't replaced the battery or the transmitter (make sure you get the transmitter with it on Amazon, read carefully.) And there are different sizes of trasmitters, mine is a medium, I wear a 36 bra - they stretch, though, so you should be fine with anything unless you are large in the chest.

If you ordered it without the transmitter you can still get one separately- or you can just return it and order another one. Amazon rocks. PM me if you have any questions about it once you receive it. :glasses:
  • cmriverside

That ticks me off then. I upgraded to the F11, because their website wasn't clear on anything below the F11 on being waterproof. I do like the replaceable band option on the F11 (because I had to replace it after a year of use).

I just looked at the back of it and it says "water resistant to 50meters"! That is deeper than recreational Scuba diving limits! Too funny, I didn't know it was THAT tough!:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.