when to incorporate weight lifting

Options
I am curious on when I should start incorporating weight lifting into my workout plan... I have a lot of fat to lose and have mainly focused on cardio this month. I started working out and eating right March 1 and have been doing Zumba 3-4x / wk and this include Zumba toning with weights and Zumba Sateo which is more core focused. I have lost 10lbs so far this month, and want to incorporate weights, but didnt know if I should wait till i lose some more weight or start adding a day or 2 of weight lifting...

any suggestions from experience?

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Experience says : the sooner the better !
    Suggestions: http://stronglifts.com/ ( A great place to start)
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    You will maintain your lean body mass and end up with a better looking body if you lift weights now!! Start now...you'll never regret it! :)
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Definitely start now. Three times a week if you can allow...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yesterday

This is literally what I was going to post.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Concur with "yesterday."

I wish I did it from day one of weight loss - feel like I'm playing catch-up now.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    March 1st
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    A month ago...

Seriously, one of the best things you can do is to preserve that LBM with lifting. You'll end up with a much nicer end product; people who shy away from lifting and just do cardio and diet tend to have that skinny fat thing going on when they get to goal...i.e. they're at a healthy weight, but lack much definition and are still at a higher BF%.
  • syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    Yesterday
    QFE.

Always encorporate weight lifting.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I will command, and I will obey mine own command. I will act now.

Success will not wait. If I delay she will become betrothed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person.

I will act now.
    -Og Mandino

Right now.