muscle? how? tips?

Options
I am 5 3" and weight 118 pounds. I know diet should be better but I have been increasing my cardio. I am wondering if there's a thing of too much cardio a day. I work out5x a week with usually 45-50 mins of intense cardio and then weights. Does weights and cardio go well together. I'm looking for some tips or thoughts. I am trying to loose my stomach area which is hard. Am I doing the right thing?

Thank you:)

Replies

• SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lift weights after 40-50 minutes of cardio. If you're going to do cardio prior to lifting, stick to about 10 minutes just to warm up then go lift. Other than that 40-50 minutes of cardio a week isn't too much but I think you'll look better with less cardio and more lifting.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's not just the cardio vs strength training that helps your stomach, diet diet diet!! What you are putting in that belly just as much as your exercise determines how much fat sticks to the outside of it :) Go very clean and lean, high protein low carb.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lift weights after 40-50 minutes of cardio. If you're going to do cardio prior to lifting, stick to about 10 minutes just to warm up then go lift. Other than that 40-50 minutes of cardio a week isn't too much but I think you'll look better with less cardio and more lifting.
    If you're doing 40-50 minutes of cardio before weight training, you might be too tired to really take advantage of the benefits of weight training. Maybe do weight training 2x week and cardio 3x week? And you will really ignite the body fat burning if you can go heavy. That is, three sets of each exercise. The last two reps are harder than the first two reps.

Good luck!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    why would you want to "loose my stomach area which is hard" Most people want a hard stomach/ab area...