Walking/Running Challenge

Options
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a walking/running challenge with me? It would be totally customized to what you can do....just state at the beginning of each week how many kilometers/miles/minutes of walking/running you are aiming for that week. Only stipulation is that you have to have an end goal....a set amount of kilometers/miles/minutes that you must reach by a certain date.

My challenge is already under way, I am pledging to walk/run 1000 kms by Saturday October 2 in order to raise funds for the CIBC Run for a Cure (for breast cancer research).

I hope to get a few responses of people that want to participate in the challenge, I know I am more apt to do more when it kind of becomes public and a little competitive :)

Oh, and in case anyone wants to donate to my challenge, I have put the link where you can donate via credit card (completely secure, handled by the CIBC bank) if you would like to :)

Thanks!

http://www.runforthecure.com/site/TR/RunfortheCure/Atlantic?px=1007164&pg=personal&fr_id=1130

Replies

• Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    Options
    i would love to take you up on your challange :happy: i will walk atleast. 200 miles between may 1st and nov 27th
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    Yay! Someone to do it with me :):) Starting Monday I am going to post my goal for the week (in kms) and then post what I did the week before :)
  • laurynh925
    laurynh925 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. My goal is to walk 400 miles by Dec. 31st. I made a ticker at tickerfactory.com so i could track my miles... you can see it in my signature.

Anyways, i figured i normally walk 3 miles 3 times a week but if i walk 3 miles 4 times a week or at least walk 12 miles a week, this is easily do-able.

Glad to have others to share this journey with :happy:
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    Ok so I forgot to come on yesterday lol

My goal this week is 25 kms......and my ulitmate goal is 1000kms by October 2. So far, I have walked/jogged 125 kms. I really hope I can reach my goal :)