Nerds Unite?

Hi! I'm 24 and I'm looking for some friends online to help keep me accountable.

I want to befriend people who have things in common with me, so please read this carefully before offering friendship! I want to make sure the bonds I make will last -- So we need to have something in common outside of wanting to lose weight, you know? :)

I LIKE THESE THINGS: Mermaids, baking, glitter, comic books, Star Trek, video games, coffee, sushi, linguistics, Harry Potter, carnivals and circuses, crochet, doing laundry, make-up, Adventure Time, Batwoman, mint green and coral nail polish, traveling, New York City, hot air balloons, World of Warcraft.

I DO NOT LIKE THESE THINGS: Hello Kitty, lima beans, milk based products, being woken up early, loud noises, sudden changes of plans, most anime, Chuck Palahniuk, dirty dishes.

Ideally, I'd like someone who I can e-mail once a week or so back and forth to keep each other accountable. I don't only want one person, I'd like a group of people I can check up with. We can talk about our lives, our goals, the things we've accomplished recently, whatever!

My main goals are to lose around 100 lbs overall and start practicing yoga, running and doing strength training. I'm giving myself until the end of the year to lose about 50 lbs, primarily focusing on healthy eating and regular activity. I work two jobs and am very busy a lot of the time, so I'm worried that I'll let my health fall on the back burner without a support network to hold me to it!

Let me know some stuff about you and we'll go from there! I hope to meet some awesome new folks!

PS -- If you'd like to read a more linear about me, I have a blog here: http://letsgetgalactic.com/about/

Replies

• xphiar
    xphiar Posts: 11
    Oh, I'm all sorts of ridiculously nerd. Add me if you like (and anyone else for that matter!). I've only been on here for about a week but I'm loving it so far. The more the merrier :)
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    i am quite nerdy

I like your goals as well - very reasonable, feel free to add
  • Yay! :)