Exercise Frequency sweet spot.

Options
ktliu
ktliu Posts: 334 Member
I have been exercising for 50+ days without stops and have managed to lose my share of the weight. So I've noticed after my first rest days this past 50+ plus days. I noticed some pounds came off.
I've been worrying about the rate of my exercise has cause the body to hold on to fat, So my question to y'all is. What is the most efficient weight loss workout schedule y'all experience.
every other day, on for 2 rest for one, on for 3 rest for 1.?

I do mostly heavy cardio (Zumba+ Boxing) ,once a week I go to the gym for weight training.
My goal set in MFP is to ingest 1200 cal/day. A lot of days I exercise so much that I'm ingesting in the 800 calorie net neighborhood.

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    1200 cal/day seems a bit low to me, but if you're eating back your exercise calories, and you're working out every day, I guess it's working for you. Heh.

First, I would say, trust your body in the sense that if you've been able to exercise 50+ consecutive days, you must have a natural source of energy that could rival a nuclear power plant. Heh! But yeah, you should have one complete rest day, maybe either before or after your day of weight training. This will allow your body to heal and recover. Maybe put in a couple of lighter cardio days, or another day of rest in the middle of your heavy cardio days as well?