Hit my GW - now what?

Options
I stepped on the scale this morning and after the *beep* I saw something that astonished me - 125.0! I had nearly given up after a month of nothing below 127. So, now that the easy part is over - now what? I want to maintain this weight and lifestyle, but need ideas for another goal to reach for. I enjoy running, so I am doing a 5k next month and thinking about trying a 10k this fall. Any other ideas for post-GW goals to keep yourself fit and happy?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Go back into your goals and select "maintain" and follow MFP's recommendations just like you did to lose. :happy:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You can get your body fat percentage tested and make that your next goal.
    You can aim to do a 1/2 marathon in the fall and a 10 K this summer.
    You can try to train for a Sprint Triathlon.

I hit my goal of 125 and now I am aiming for 120 and 16% body fat. I think I am going to try to set a goal of doing a figure or bikini competition. I'd also like to run a full marathon and do a sprint triathlon.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    There are a whole bunch of things you can do! I like the body fat percentage one. But, maybe you could get into a sport or set a goal for you to do something you've never done before...like kayaking, white water rafting, canyoning, cliff jumping, etc. Training for marathons is a great idea, but there are other things too like stair climbs...I'm going to hustle up the hancock next march...and much much more. Do a little research and I'm sure you can find something to help you maintain your fantastic body and keep your fun levels up too! BIG CONGRATULATIONS! Way to go! That's my goal weight too...I can't wait to see it on my scale.
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your goal weight! That is awesome. Your new goal should be maintaining your new weight, at least with in 2lbs. Continue counting the calories. Once you stop, you could gain the weight right back. Good luck!
  • lvfunandfit
    Options
    And yes!! Congrats on reaching your goal weight! woo Hoo!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I met my goal weight last weight and had similar questions. I found this article on Spark People about maintaining your weight loss. Hopes it helps. Congrats on the weight loss!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=488
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Those are great articles - definitely bookmarking them!

As far as calories - I still plan on counting them! I know how easy it is to let that kind of stuff slip. On a related note though - I did change my goal to "maintenance" and it gave me an extra 380 calories per day. Yikes! That seems like a lot! Any thoughts?

Also where do I get my body fat percentage done? My dr?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm so excited!
  • lvfunandfit
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym? You can get your body fat tested with a personal trainer.