I'm Gonna Keep on Moving Forward, Never Turning Back

Options
KBGAgent
KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
KBG1Before_zps5bc1202a.jpg
Prior to weight loss 205 lbs

KBG2Month12_zps2d9bae8b.jpg
After 12 months of nutrition changes and 6 weeks after following weight training plan. Not bad, but still got some baby-fat.

KBG2Month15_zps3f743036.jpg
After 15 months of nutrition changes and 4.5 months after following weight training plan. Lean, mean, peaceful machine.

2010 and 11 where very stressful years for me. I, once again in my life, gained a good bit of weight. In past weight loss efforts, my mother prevented me from eating or I used fad diets to drop the weight. Last year this time I decided to take it off thru a real change to my lifestyle eating and exercise habits and not a temporary diet.

Over the past year I've lost 1/6 of my body weight while toning up. Never more than 1 lbs a week. I hit many bumps in the road to fitness. But each time I hit a plateau, I made adjustments to my diet, exercise or both until I was able to make progress again. I hit a long plateau this summer and to motivate/scare myself, I said to myself that I was going to do a BIRTHDAY REVEAL of my progress on FB(that is the middle pic), so, by hook or by crook, I was gonna figure out how to keep going. I've learned so much over the last year about fitness and nutrition. I can even wear some of my old college clothes. Do any of you remember acid washed jeans? Yup, I wore a pair last week that were circa 1988. I know other people have overcome bigger demons than this, but, for me this has been a struggle since I was 5 years old.

Replies

• ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great job on overcoming your struggles,lookin great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!