Weight Loss/ Gain Effect on Tattoo's

Options
How does losing or gaining weight after getting a tattoo effect the tattoo (stretching , discoloring , etc.)

Replies

• RadioactivePirate
    Options
    My arm tattoo has gotten much brighter with losing weight, as I've lost several inches around my arms. Luckily it isn't something where any distortion is very noticeable (I have a half sleeve of irises) so although it's a little bit narrower than it used to be, it doesn't really have an impact on the look of the tattoo. My other tattoos are on my chest and back and near my ankles and there haven't been any real changes to those.
  • Greciankoukla
    Greciankoukla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great question!! I would like to hear some more answers from people with significant tattoos.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bump. I am interested in these replies too:flowerforyou: .
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hollieam92
    hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump - I have a couple on my tree trunk thighs :) xx
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It really depends on where your tattoos are and how many inches your body will change. Weight GAIN has more of a negative, distortion effect than weight loss.
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    No distorsion on back tattoo ( whole back ) with both weight loss and sadly weight gain
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    It really depends on where your tattoos are and how many inches your body will change. Weight GAIN has more of a negative, distortion effect than weight loss.

^ This
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Naturally, if you gain a ton of weight your tattoos are gonna stretch. Just like if you get pregnant and have a tattoo under your belly button (yeah bad idea Zoe). And when you lose weight I would imagine they start to reshape, but if the skin is too far gone and lost it's elasticity there may be no hope for them.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

I agree with this, mine have not changed at all but they are not in places where I carry a lot of extra fat.