couple questions

So I have a couple questions I would like to ask.

Question 1) My sodium is always WAY over. But all I drink is water. So, I end up drinking 14+ cups. Does that balance out?
Question 2) I'm always way over on my sugar too because of my fruits. Is there any fruits that arent that high in sugar that you people enjoy?
Question 3) What is your opinion on frozen yogurt for a sweet tooth. I seen some today that was 18g carbs for 1/2 cup. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    3. When I get that sweet tooth I love Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream bars.....100 calories, decent portions. It satisfies me every time.

2. Stay away from dried fruits, though I am a sucker for cranberries in my salads. Blueberries are so nice too! (fresh)

1. sodium....try to change the sodium. Kosher salt has less sodium than table salt. I avoid chips and pretzles. Lean Cuisine products are moderately high in sodium, but the company is committed to lowering the sodium content in their foods over the next year.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Unfortunately sodium is everywhere! More sodium in foods than calories. So, do not use salt when cooking foods/veggies. Find seasoning like Mrs. Dash or something not so high in sodium for flavor.

As for the frozen yogurt. Try this. Freeze some grapes and then eat them. I swear it's like ice cream! Or, you can make your own with frozen banana in a blender...maybe add a splash of milk if too thick.
  • stella1314
    stella1314 Posts: 66 Member
    to loose 1lbs we have to make a deficit in 3500cal, right? it doesnt say what to eat or about sodium or sugar, so why should i eat stuff that i dont really enjoy when all i have to do is to have 1290 cal and enjoy my life? i eat everything., all my favorite foods but i have in mind portion control and it works.....i dont want to think that i am on a diet, bc i am not. i changed my life, i am losing weight and i am happy doing that!!! thats my perception!!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    to loose 1lbs we have to make a deficit in 3500cal, right? it doesnt say what to eat or about sodium or sugar, so why should i eat stuff that i dont really enjoy when all i have to do is to have 1290 cal and enjoy my life? i eat everything., all my favorite foods but i have in mind portion control and it works.....i dont want to think that i am on a diet, bc i am not. i changed my life, i am losing weight and i am happy doing that!!! thats my perception!!

I view this as a lifestyle of being healthy...not a diet. To be healthy you have to eat healthy and exercise!