Post Your NSV's!

Options
xoTalim
xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
Mine for the week:

A lot of my clothes are getting too big on me. My grad dress for grade 12 which I made, no longer fits me. It's soooo baggy. :c Which is a shame, because it was such a beautiful dress.

But on the plus side, I now fit into a size 16 dress I wanted to wear for my grade 9 graduation that I was never able to fit into.

Replies

• Vdoll1981
    Vdoll1981 Posts: 11
    Options
    that's a great feeling! mine is that i can now walk up a flight of stairs and not be huffing and puffing! now just huffing lol :)
  • xoTalim
    Options
    Ooh that's like me, too! I used to be out of breath from just one flight of stairs. Now I'm absolutely fine after -running- up a flight of stairs. :D
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Well it's only Monday so here's mine for today.

One of the male trainers at the gym today said "I see you've made your goal weight". I said "yes, + 5lbs so I've set a new one but I'm not sure what it is"! He said "well, you look great and have shaped up nicely and you look like you are at a great size"! YESSSSSSSSSSS! Love when people notice and say something. I'm getting compliments daily from people I know and even people I don't know. Feels good...maybe a bit conceeded but I'm sorry...I am eating it UP! Helps give me that push to keep on. One thing I dont like though is when I see people and they say "hey skinny". I am not skinny!!!!!!! I am healhty, fit and strong! NOT SKINNY! I've never been skinny....and I don't want to be skinny. KWIM?
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    broke 1000 calories burned today :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Way to go girls. Keep up the good work!
  • xoTalim
    Options
    broke 1000 calories burned today :)
    Nice! I have yet to burn that many from a workout. My record is in the 600's. What kind of workouts do you do to burn that many, if you don't mind my asking?
  • dsm0001
    dsm0001 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Posted this already on my homepage, but saw this topic so decided to add here too. I made brownies for the family AND DIDN'T TOUCH THEM!!!! Woohoo!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is the realization that I can pretty much do whatever anyone asks me to do... Oh hey, wanna go for a trail run? Sure sounds fun! OK, plan on about an hour and 40 minutes, mkay? Oh... uh... yeah... okay.

DONE! Like a boss.
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • xoTalim
    Options
    Posted this already on my homepage, but saw this topic so decided to add here too. I made brownies for the family AND DIDN'T TOUCH THEM!!!! Woohoo!
    Nice!! If you're looking to treat yourself to brownies though, there's these really yummy 90 calorie high fiber brownies you can get. They're available at Costco in the US and I think in Canada now too but I'm not sure. I live in Canada but I picked some up in the US last time I was there. They're really tasty! Here's a pic:
    brownies-90-calorie-chocolate-fudge.png
  • Buzzyi
    Buzzyi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can carry heavy shopping bags up the three flights of stairs to my apartment, RUNNING up them. AND I enjoy it!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    When I wore the new scrubs I had to buy into work today and my co-workers told me I look cute and tiny.
  • xoTalim
    Options
    What is NSV?
    Non Scale Victory. :)
  • acrowder99
    acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine was a couple of days ago but it was huge for me. It was pouring rain when I finished with my body pump class at the gym & my car was way at the end of the parking lot. Instead of waiting for it to quit raining I sprinted to the car. First of all, I out ran the husband and even better I was not winded when I got to the car. I still have 30 pounds to go to get to my goal weight but I definitely feel so much stronger & athletic!

Thank you for starting this post I love to read these.
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    Re: 1000 calories, I ran 5K, did a one-on-one pole fitness class for 30 min and lifted heavy for an hour. I don't normally work out for 2 1/2 hours per day but it was my day off. I have probably broken 1000 cross country skiing before but I didn't wear a HRM so this is my first official breaking 1000.
  • xoTalim
    Options
    Re: 1000 calories, I ran 5K, did a one-on-one pole fitness class for 30 min and lifted heavy for an hour. I don't normally work out for 2 1/2 hours per day but it was my day off. I have probably broken 1000 cross country skiing before but I didn't wear a HRM so this is my first official breaking 1000.
    Ahh, okay. Nice! :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    My most recent NSV is the realization that I can pretty much do whatever anyone asks me to do... Oh hey, wanna go for a trail run? Sure sounds fun! OK, plan on about an hour and 40 minutes, mkay? Oh... uh... yeah... okay.

DONE! Like a boss.

This is awesome! :) I love this post. I also love the one by about the person who doesn't like being called Skinny because she is fit & athletic, not skinny! :) I love NSV's so much more than actual scale victories.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My work has been SUPER SUPER supportive of my weight loss. No one pushes food at me and everyone always has positive things to say about my weight loss.

Last week one of the owners and I were talking and she told me that her best friend from childhood had been in town the week before and was talking to my boss/owner about wanting to lose weight.

My boss then told her about me and how awesome she thought I was doing and how proud she was. I swear I almost cried.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used to be on the last hole out on my belt before I lost weight. Gradually I hopped from larger to smaller holes. Eventually, I had to add 3 new holes using a hammer and nail cos I'm too cheap to buy a new one.

Anyway, today when I put on my work pants, I went all the way to the 3rd new hole (the smallest) for the first time. Felt good! I had been on the 2nd hole for many weeks now.
  • gwcowgirl
    gwcowgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    After I had my babies, my core was so weak I couldn't sit up in bed without leveraging myself up. Many yoga classes later, I can sit straight up in bed without using my arms!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!