Cardio Help?

Options
I'm trying to find easy, fun ways to increase cardio in my lifestyle in order to burn more calories. I have two 15 minute breaks at my job, and usually go out for a walk. Sometimes at home I will use a treadmill but am getting really bored with all the WALKING! I've thought about joining a gym but can easily see myself spending the money and then not staying committed.

Any cardio ideas out there?! Any fun work out DVDs that you would recommend?! I am not looking to become Ms. Muscle of the Year, just so ya know!!! :-)

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Depending on your current fitness level, which i assume might not be extremely high if you are just walking? I would suggest starting with "The biggest Loser" dvds ( workout 1 & 2, also power sculpt and cardio max). Once you have done those for awhile I would move onto Jillian Micheals "30 day Shred", " Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" and " No More Trouble Zones". I did all those workouts then when on to "Turbo Jam" "p90x" and now I am into " Insanity". The biggest loser and jillian micheals dvds can be purchased at walmart for under $10. the rest i ordered form beachbody.com
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Swim, ride your bike if you have one, roller or inline skate, ice skate (most public places are about $10 for 2-3 hours and you burn a ton of calories and it's fun!!!), jump rope, hula hoop...
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix, you can use it to order workout DVDs to see if you like them before you purchase them. They also have some on their streaming video feature. If you're looking for variety and workouts that are fun but not too hard, they have a lot of dance-type stuff if you're into that.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Look for some info on Tabata....I haven't tried it yet, but wow! The concept of 4 minutes of intense exercise giving you a great result seems ideal for busy folks!!!
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    I love the Beachbody products! I have and use Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, Rockin Body, Brazil Butt Lift and Chalean Extreme (the last one is more strength training though).

I lost 25 lbs back in 2008, then got pregnant and I am back to losing the weight now!
  • wannabe
    wannabe Posts: 29
    Options
    yep i second the biggest loser dvds thats what i do. at first they are a killer!!!!!!! but now they are fairly easy for me and so cheap. there are two sections in the cardio max that are just 10 and 15 min so.....