Whats the worst food youve eaten before working out?

Once I ate a serving of plain greek yogurt before a 3 mile run. By mile 2 I was definitely regretting it.

What about you guys?

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    I've taken shots between sets during a workout before, probably not my best idea
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    ^ Oh my, I am just getting sick imagining doing that :laugh:
  • A gigantic bowl of Pho. Felt like I was jogging with a fish bowl in my gut. Sweat like crazy from the heat of the broth and peppers too.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Tonight. Chipotle. Right before doing 30 Day Shred and burpees. I finally started feeling better an hour ago.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    I've taken shots between sets during a workout before, probably not my best idea

LMAO #winning
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Surprisingly after 40oz of mimosas, I felt really great running 2 miles down the boardwalk at the beach on St. Patricks Day. Shots + working out doesn't sound pretty.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    A gigantic bowl of Pho. Felt like I was jogging with a fish bowl in my gut. Sweat like crazy from the heat of the broth and peppers too.

Sounds worse than my greek yogurt incident! lol I can only imagine...
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Beans.

Kept farting throughout my workout. It was embarrassing!
  • Log_n_Jog
    Log_n_Jog Posts: 64 Member
    Spicy Hot V-8 before a run. Won't do that again.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Anything with jalapeños on it. Especially my guilty pleasure: cheese fries.

Which is quite often, really. Things that don't mix: cardio, asthma, and jalapeño induced chest burn.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    A giant bowl of cereal, the milk was all sloshy in my stomach, bending over = reflux, yuck.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    McDonald's big Mac with fries. The food was heavy in my stomach also had a coffee with it and I could feel it bouncing around in there as well

Almost had a Mac attack haha.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member

I get funny looks at the gym because my water bottle is a vodka bottle. Not like a normal vodka bottle, but the vodka came in a reusable water bottle... So, it kinda looks like I'm doing shots and it makes for some good entertainment for me :P No, the vodka wasn't worth it. Don't buy Kru. It's icky.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Any food.

Makes me sleepy :'(
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    I tend not to eat anything before going to the gym either, i tend to do more of a work out if i feel 'lighter' if that makes sense :p But i imagine the worst thing to eat would be something heavy and carb-loaded such as pasta.