Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Whats the worst food youve eaten before working out?

Options
Once I ate a serving of plain greek yogurt before a 3 mile run. By mile 2 I was definitely regretting it.

What about you guys?

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've taken shots between sets during a workout before, probably not my best idea
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    ^ Oh my, I am just getting sick imagining doing that :laugh:
  • cardiophile
    Options
    A gigantic bowl of Pho. Felt like I was jogging with a fish bowl in my gut. Sweat like crazy from the heat of the broth and peppers too.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Tonight. Chipotle. Right before doing 30 Day Shred and burpees. I finally started feeling better an hour ago.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I've taken shots between sets during a workout before, probably not my best idea

LMAO #winning
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    Surprisingly after 40oz of mimosas, I felt really great running 2 miles down the boardwalk at the beach on St. Patricks Day. Shots + working out doesn't sound pretty.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    A gigantic bowl of Pho. Felt like I was jogging with a fish bowl in my gut. Sweat like crazy from the heat of the broth and peppers too.

Sounds worse than my greek yogurt incident! lol I can only imagine...
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Beans.

Kept farting throughout my workout. It was embarrassing!
  • Log_n_Jog
    Log_n_Jog Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Spicy Hot V-8 before a run. Won't do that again.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Anything with jalapeños on it. Especially my guilty pleasure: cheese fries.

Which is quite often, really. Things that don't mix: cardio, asthma, and jalapeño induced chest burn.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    A giant bowl of cereal, the milk was all sloshy in my stomach, bending over = reflux, yuck.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    McDonald's big Mac with fries. The food was heavy in my stomach also had a coffee with it and I could feel it bouncing around in there as well

Almost had a Mac attack haha.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

I get funny looks at the gym because my water bottle is a vodka bottle. Not like a normal vodka bottle, but the vodka came in a reusable water bottle... So, it kinda looks like I'm doing shots and it makes for some good entertainment for me :P No, the vodka wasn't worth it. Don't buy Kru. It's icky.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Any food.

Makes me sleepy :'(
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat anything before going to the gym either, i tend to do more of a work out if i feel 'lighter' if that makes sense :p But i imagine the worst thing to eat would be something heavy and carb-loaded such as pasta.