When did others first start noticing your weight loss?

Options
I think one of the best motivators is when the people around you - family, friends, coworkers, etc. first start noticing your hard work. How much weight had you lost when people first started noticing a difference and commenting on it?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm down 21lbs and no one has noticed (or at least, no one has commented) yet...
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    this is funny to me ive lost 83lb i dont feel any different atm i dont see it in myself at all but then when i was really fat it took a photo from my hen do to make me wakeup and go oh hell no !

ive noticed my clothes are bigger ive gone down 2 sizes my hubby compliments me everyday and people i havent seen in a while go on about how different i look but im yet to feel it myself or see it saposs it comes of so slowly we dont see the drastic change other people do
  • purple817
    purple817 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm down 21lbs and no one has noticed (or at least, no one has commented) yet...

Same...23lbs and no one has noticed!!! I can tell the difference though....I see myself in the shower lol. I think once I got 30lbs it will be noticeable. Plus some people don't like to ask/mention weight.

I like knowing I'm doing good and just waiting for the positive comments to come....they will do....then I can say I've lost for example 30lbs and they will be super impressed. We all love praise
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen my mom for about a month and she says she noticed and I have only lost 10 pounds. Maybe she was just being nice, but it made me feel good. I hadn't told her I was trying to lose weight again, so maybe she really did notice. People I see every day haven't really noticed yet.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Same...23lbs and no one has noticed!!! I can tell the difference though....I see myself in the shower lol. I think once I got 30lbs it will be noticeable. Plus some people don't like to ask/mention weight.

I like knowing I'm doing good and just waiting for the positive comments to come....they will do....then I can say I've lost for example 30lbs and they will be super impressed. We all love praise

I just want to say that sometimes even when I notice that someone has obviously lost weight I am hesitant to mention it... I am always afraid that I might inadvertently offend them. So I might just comment that they are looking really good on a particular day, and if they mention their weight loss then I will say that I have noticed the change but was hesitant to mention it.
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    People are starting to notice. I have lost 30lbs.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I lost some weight awhile back and people noticed. However recently I lost more and people have commented I have, it wasn't till they said I noticed myself (I knew I was losing weight but didn't really notice me looking different). Though it was more of "X said you lost weight" and not from themselves directly. I think some people don't like to say in case they offend you.
  • gettingto121
    gettingto121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    People started to make comments/notice when I had lost about 20 pounds. It's weird though because I haven't noticed any difference myself yet... :/
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I think people don't comment for two reasons:
    1. They are jealous
    2. They are afraid that if they say you lost, this implies you were fat to begin with.

I think the jealousy one for women is a big thing. I started my weight loss over a year ago and have been maintaining for more than 7 months. I started because I was sick of hearing the small weight loss that these girl's never kept from Advocare products or 30 day cleanses. I decided eat less, exercise more etc. would work and it did!!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

I just want to say that sometimes even when I notice that someone has obviously lost weight I am hesitant to mention it... I am always afraid that I might inadvertently offend them. So I might just comment that they are looking really good on a particular day, and if they mention their weight loss then I will say that I have noticed the change but was hesitant to mention it.

I completely believe this. I think that's the bottom line for a lot of folks, too nervous to possibly offend people. Which is fine - and I'm certainly not above fishing a little bit for my own compliment! :laugh:
  • absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 lbs. and my husband says he can see it in my face - he also said "Your *kitten* is smaller" but that is a joke from when I had lost weight before and he had said that as a compliment!