get fit for summer 2013?

Options
I am trying to set up support group, 10 weeks challenge starting this Thursday. They aren't any rules other then stick to your own plan and target as good as you can! I have to say, I am not fan of food replacement /shakes diets so if that's your plan it may not be the right group for you.

I am 34, full time working mum. I am currently doing New Rules of Lifting Supercharged (week 2) and counting calories with target 1500 non workout day.

My motivation is big holiday this August.

There are 4 of us in the group so far. Join us?

Replies

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was wondering if I could join , I also have a trip booked for August, but that`s not why I want to lose the weight I know the group would help me, I have started tracking two days so far
  • gopo101
    gopo101 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join. I recently started training for a 5k (it's in September but due to an injury, I have to build up to it) & am also doing P90X Classic Version for the next many weeks.

My personal motivation is that I start teaching in September and I want to be fit and healthy in my own classroom so I feel nothing but confident and happy.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I will send you invite to join the group
    :)
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sign me up. I'm hitting 30 on July 12 and my goal is to at least be at 140 which means I have 27 lbs to lose. I'm so upset at myself because I was at 140 last summer:((((
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm in please! 7kgish to lose, with a mostly body weight routine, for..say..July. So that's about 2-3 in 10 weeks. There, I set a (somewhat tenuous) target!
  • Leesh42709
    Options
    Hi! I'm kinda new here and I am having the hardest time sticking to my diet. 2 summers ago I got down to 150 pounds. Now I'm all the way back up to 190+ and I absolutely hate it! I want to be 130 ultimately but my birthday is in 2 months and I want to lose as much weight as possible. Motivation is truly needed!!!
  • cjburke12
    cjburke12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group! Thanks
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too :).
  • rachelhannah543
    rachelhannah543 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would be interested in joining. Been stuck at the same weight for months now and keep losing/gaining the same 1-2kilos.

I started C25K last September and had to stop around week 7 because of a sprained ankle and since my gym membership ran out on sunday I am thinking of starting the 9 week C25K program again which would fit in nicely with this group and should get me fitter for my holiday in July and hopefully drop a few more pounds!
  • farsha7
    farsha7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    can I join it?
  • CadetSlim
    Options
    Count me in ive a stone to lose but june 15th
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!!
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Chalean Extreme on Monday! sign up
  • aktravers
    aktravers Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I started a 10 week challenge yesterday (3/26), because 10 weeks from now I'll be beginning a Master's Program in Occupational Therapy alongside 40 other folks, and most of them will be 1/2 my age! I would love to be twice as fit!

I've never joined a MFP generated challenge before, but I have been on here since October and have lost 22 lbs. I've done it by making solid nutritional choices that are livable, and by weight training, getting in some cardio, and practicing yoga (mainly for my head).

Please add me to the challenge and good luck to all!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join.
    I'm a 30 year old working mom as well, just had my second daughter 6 months ago and need to get some muscle mass back and lose weight after 2 back to back pregnancies and the last one i was on bed rest for half of it.
    I have chalean extreme and turbo jam (which i love) i just need some serious motivation to get past this sleep deprivation to start exercising again.
  • N0EXCUSE
    N0EXCUSE Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)
  • bomina1965
    Options
    I'm also interested much... sign in me.
  • pookaroo78
    pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well! I will get back to going to the gym as well as doing Turbo Fire! :flowerforyou:
  • stewarac
    stewarac Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've a bridesmaid dress I'd like to not look terrible in :)
  • natmckn
    natmckn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am trying to set up support group, 10 weeks challenge starting this Thursday. They aren't any rules other then stick to your own plan and target as good as you can! I have to say, I am not fan of food replacement /shakes diets so if that's your plan it may not be the right group for you.

I am 34, full time working mum. I am currently doing New Rules of Lifting Supercharged (week 2) and counting calories with target 1500 non workout day.

My motivation is big holiday this August.

There are 4 of us in the group so far. Join us?

I'd love to join!!