Hello from New Zealand!

Options
AnJulNZ
AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
Hi everyone.

I'm new here, today is my first day and I have to say, the calorie tracker freaked me right out. I'd always thought we ate really well, we never go to places like McDonalds and I cook all our meals at home with lots of veges etc. But I had to really watch what I ate today! I put everything in at the start and had to make a few adjustments to dinner.

Happy to say though that after doing some vigorous cleaning and going for a big long walk I can still have the Magnum icecream that is sitting in the freezer waiting for me. Woohoo! And I still have calories to spare :)

Hoping to meet some nice new people and work together to get lean and healthy.

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm Kiwi too. Feel free to add me!

PS why don't they make dulce de leche magnums now. YUM.
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Kia Ora.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Careful about logging cleaning as exercise.

That doesn't seem to go well around here.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Careful about logging cleaning as exercise.

That doesn't seem to go well around here.

meh. if its 'sit on my *kitten* and read' vs 'clean, and log it', my house will be spotless. No logging = less motivation :laugh:
  • gsdz4me
    gsdz4me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a NZer too. Actually I dont bother adding the cleaning anymore but I do plenty of walking to enable me to still have my treats. But I do admit the vacuuming sometimes makes me sweat a little so must be exercise ;-)
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!!! Im from Akl Nz. Just joined last week :)
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Cleaning is not a popular exercise on MFP but...if you have done your calculations based as strictly sedentary then you should be entitled to log it.

Just draw the line at cooking and sewing!!

Feel free to add me.

I am in South Africa but I am crazy about NZ Especially South Isaln!. It is God's land.

Greatest Crusaders fan and I support AB must to my friends and family's dismay!
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    Well, it's my first day so I'm logging cleaning. If I put enough energy into cleaning I get sweaty and puff so I'm logging it today! The alternative is to have a filthy house and a fatter bum. I'm sure the novelty will wear off after a bit and I won't bother but today, everything helps! Plus I really wanted that Magnum. It was good too :)
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm in NZ feel free to add me :)
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hey I'm Helen, 29 in Rotorua. I used to log cleaning. Now that I'm getting fitter I don't anymore :) Do what works for you. Add me if you want a strong motivator.
  • Kirijyma
    Kirijyma Posts: 35
    Options
    Kia Ora! I'm from NZ too! Feel free to add me! :)
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    Cooking and sewing, seriously? Are they on here as exercise?
  • cozaican
    cozaican Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Im from New Zealand too, glad to meet you all. A quick question if you do exercise do you eat the points or just your normal calorie intake?
  • mizchubby69
    Options
    Hi there, I also live in New Zealand in Taranaki, please feel free to add me , I log in daily and I am supportive I have a long journey ahead.
  • mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    HI, I'm currently in AKL feel free to add me... =)
  • CaciaXX
    CaciaXX Posts: 37
    Options
    Another NZer here, feel free to add me everyone :)
  • happyandhealthy65
    Options
    Hey! I'm also from NZ. Feel free to add me - will be great to have Kiwis encouraging and supporting each other.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    So jealous! I'm in NC in the US, NZ is one of the few places I would actually travel to visit but I don't think I would want to leave!
  • mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi Im from New Zealand too, glad to meet you all. A quick question if you do exercise do you eat the points or just your normal calorie intake?

Hi, I've seen heaps of posts on MFP about "eating your exercise calories back" I personally try not to eat too many of them back because i've read MFP's database of exercise calories is inaccurate however I think it is completely up to the individual.
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Cooking and sewing, seriously? Are they on here as exercise?

Yip. saw one of my MFP buddies logged it the other day...............speechless!