Any pear success stories and pics?

Options
Hey I am a 5ft 4 pear and would love to see some motivational success stories or pictures :)

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am definitely pear shape...altho I am 5"9...i started at 173.1 kilos (380 pounds) and now weight 87.9 kilos (193.3 pounds)...it has taken me over 6.5 years to lose my weight....ive posted a pic below....feel free to send a friend request :)

Before 173.1 kilos (380 pounds)
    1704image2.png

current : 87.9 kilos (193.3 pounds)
    kazz_zps3afc3c8d.gif
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    This is amazing the transformation is unbelievable well done!
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    Anyone else? There has to be more proud pears out there! :-)
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    bump
  • Dustytaylorcj
    Options
    Way to go!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a pear! My transformation is not nearly as big as the first posters, but I will post pictures later!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Bump... I'm a prego pear... but still need inspiration too.
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bumping so I can follow this later! I'm also pear so I would love to see some pics/hear some stories!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but all the pears I could find got bigger, not smaller. :indifferent:

GwlwW6r.jpg
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as an unsuccesful pear?

Pears are one of the world's oldest cultivated and beloved fruits. In 5,000 B.C., Feng Li, a Chinese diplomat, abandoned his responsibilities when he became consumed by grafting peaches, almonds, persimmons, pears and apples as a commercial venture. In The Odyssey, the Greek poet laureate Homer lauds pears as a "gift of the gods." Pomona, goddess of fruit, was a cherished member of the Roman Pantheon and Roman farmers documented extensive pear growing and grafting techniques. Thanks to their versatility and long storage life, pears were a valuable and much-desired commodity among the trading routes of the ancient world. Evident in the works of Renaissance Masters, pears have long been an elegant still-life muse for artists. In the 17th century a great flourishing of modern pear variety cultivation began taking place in Europe. And in popular culture, the pear tree was immortalized alongside a partridge in the 18th-century Christmas carol, The Twelve Days of Christmas.
    Early colonists brought the first pear trees to America's eastern settlements where they thrived until crop blights proved too severe to sustain widespread cultivation. Fortunately, the pear trees brought west to Oregon and Washington by pioneers in the 1800's thrived in the unique agricultural conditions found in the Pacific Northwest. Today's Northwest pear varieties are the same or similar to those first cultivated in France and Belgium where they were prized for their delicate flavor, buttery texture, and long storage life.
    As more sophisticated irrigation and growing techniques developed during the past century, pear orchards flourished dramatically in the Northwest's river valley regions located in a serpentine sprawl from Northern Central Washington to Central Southern Oregon.
    Today, pear orchards in Oregon and Washington are as specialized as the regions that support them. Organic, commercial and multi-generation family orchards all contribute high-quality fruit to the Northwest's fresh pear industry. Consumer interest and enjoyment of Northwest pears grows each year. Thanks to advancements in Controlled Atmosphere (CA) storage technology, fresh USA Pears are available to consumers nearly year-round.

http://www.usapears.com/Facts And Nutrition/Tree To Table/History of Pears.aspx
  • EC2222
    EC2222 Posts: 1
    Options
    No success story here (yet) and when I read fitness magazines success stories or monthly stories on following featured womens weightloss/fitness they seldome are pear shaped -- I beleive genetically pear shaped women have a more difficult time losing weight and shaping up. Well, at least that's what I've noticed (and speaking from personal experience).
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am not a pear. I am a real girl!:angry:
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    This makes Me so sad.. Hopefully I can be a successful pear shaped girl soon :-)
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Bumping - I would like to see some motivational pics too - the first person to post is absolutely amazing! x
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    bump.. maybe some successful pairs today?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    bump.. maybe some successful pairs today?

SUCCESSFUL PAIR!!
    4zWOrhi.jpg

UNSUCCESSFUL PAIR!

ktdfdLR.jpg
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Another succesful pear! Careful though he's a little cocky!

CoolPear_zps4424ad08.jpg
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    Options
    :laugh: LOL!
  • BrePrepared
    BrePrepared Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am definitely pear shape...altho I am 5"9...i started at 173.1 kilos (380 pounds) and now weight 87.9 kilos (193.3 pounds)...it has taken me over 6.5 years to lose my weight....ive posted a pic below....feel free to send a friend request :)

Before 173.1 kilos (380 pounds)
    1704image2.png

current : 87.9 kilos (193.3 pounds)
    kazz_zps3afc3c8d.gif

I'm almost exactly where you were at the start. 5'10'' and 367 pounds. I've been up and down by 10 pounds for the past month and a half. It's getting frustrating, but seeing your success is very motivating. Thank you and awesome job!!!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I would never eat a 5'4" pear because there's no way a fruit that size isn't GMO.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!