Breakfast Options/ Fat vs Sugar

Options
Hi Guys,

Recently I've been having one of two things for breakfast, either a bowl of Grape Nuts with skim milk and honey or an egg, cheese and turkey sandwich. The cereal is about 420 cals with 89g of carbs, 16g of protein, only 2g of fat but 25g of sugar. The sandwich is lower in calories at 340 with 58g of carbs, 35g of protein, only 5g of sugar but 22g of fat.

Typically I'm moderately active (I'm on my feet walking around my plant) during the morning and today, in particular, if the weather allows I'l be running 2-1/2 to 3 miles. I like the sandwich as a breakfast option because its nearly twice the protein but it's so high in fat. I also like the cereal option but its so high in sugar. I guess I'm curious, which one is the better option?

Thanks for any input.

Replies

• fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would go with the sandwich. The protein and fat will keep you feeling full longer.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Sandwich because it's yummier :tongue: . I'll often have a toasted ham and cheese sandwich for breakfast. I don't mind oats and what not but they're so much higher in calories :frown: .
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    thats sandwich aint 340, but, eat what you like... its more like 570... look at the macros

proteins and carbs are 4 cals a gram and fats are 9..... it doesnt add up.. there no way it has like 30+ grams of fiber

do you function better on carbs for energy or fats for energy? different strokes for different folks my friend... do whatever feels better
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Sandwich, unless it was just before I was going to run.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Sammich. it's better if a woman makes it for you as well. :smile:
  • Sefrick
    Sefrick Posts: 11
    Options
    thats sandwich aint 340, but, eat what you like... its more like 570... look at the macros

proteins and carbs are 4 cals a gram and fats are 9..... it doesnt add up.. there no way it has like 30+ grams of fiber

Astro,

I ran the math and paid attention to the quantities. 1 medium egg, 1 slice of provolone cheese, 2 slices of thin deli sliced turkey and I use Arnold multigrain sandwich thins.