Sciatic Nerve - Question for the Ladies

Options
Does anyone know if there is an actual connection between sciatic pain and your period? It's not cramps, its definitely the sciatic nerve, but I only ever get this pain while on my period, not every month, and it's not bad, more annoying, but I wondered if anyone else gets this?

And does anyone know of any specific exercises to relieve it? I'm about to go to a spin class in an hour but worried that it might exacerbate it? Would I be better stretching to out with some pilates? Thing is I don't feel particularly flexible right now because of it, but I want to do SOMETHING!!!

Appreciate any advice.

Replies

• Have you ever been checked out for endometriosis? Especially if you have heavy periods.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi I wondered about this, but I don't really have of the common endometriosis symptoms. I used to get quite a heavy flow when I was at my heaviest weight but since losing the weight it's been fine, in fact the last few months its been remarkably light, which I put down to losing more weight and upping my exercise, mild cramping on day one but nothing bad, had 3 children with no issues.