Do you have an eating cut off time? if so, when?

2»

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    No, I'm not a Mogwai :smile:
  • BluLotus2
    BluLotus2 Posts: 87
    I try not to eat anything after 7-730ish. If I do I eat a handful of almonds (no salt) or a small cup of fruit.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    When I run out of calories.

This. I eat as late as 10:00pm some nights
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    I have always been a night time eater...I would literally go all day on nothing but a 32 oz cup of unsweet tea with 5 pks of equal<<<eww in it until after dinner...I would even cook fab dinners for the other 5 of my family who live in the house, and not eat!!! I guess I was trying to convince everyone I got fat on AIR!...anyway, after all was quiet, and in bed...I would start...non-stop eating until 1, 2, 3 in the morning......then sleep in a sugar induced coma till noon the next day...(I am a housewife/stay at home gramma)
    Sooooooo...when I started this food plan on January 1, 2013...my biggest feat was going to be NO MORE NIGHT TIME EATING....It was a personal challenge for me.....I am not sure if eating at night then going to bed has any effect or not...I have heard legit arguements on both sides of that debate....but for me it is of MEGA importance....so My cut off is 8PM....I went out and bought about 10 organic 85% dark chocolate and dc/raspberry bars, and I keep them in my nightstand...at 7:30 sharp I nibble...sometimes a 1/4, sometimes a 1/2 sometimes the whole bar! depending on how many calories I have left for the day:)...but once the clock strikes 8PM...it is nothing but lemon water and green tea for me:) so far so good! I am down 34lbs in 12 weeks! oh and 24.5 inches...(exercise is important)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Nope. If I'm hungry I'll have some food, unless it's so late I'm exhausted and may as well just go to sleep.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Considering my metabolism can't read a clock, I eat until I am out of calories or just not hungry. There is no science behind "OMG if you eat after X time it will all turn to fat!". It is bull.

I do however suggest finishing your meals before you fall asleep. Choking is bad.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    I'm not really much of a snacker, so after dinner (whatever time that might be) is a cut-off of sorts. I don't like feeling too full when I go to sleep.

IMO, an eating cut off time is a psychological tool to help late-night bingers...hopefully it will encourage them get enough calories in earlier in the day so they don't "need" to eat late at night.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    yes, night time eating is bad.,
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    No cut off time if I have calories left. But I'm usually in bed by 12:00am.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    I'm done when I have no calories left for the day.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I'm pretty sure I won't eat after I've died. That'll be a hard limit for me.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Timing doesn't really matter, except for the fact that in the evening if you start munching, it seems to be harder for me to stop munching. So if I give myself an arbitrary cut off, then it deters the evening snacking. Also makes me more tempted to have a glass of wine, which then sets the whole munching thing in motion.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    nope. as long as i hit my macros and am within my caloric goals, i dont care when i eat. it wont matter. no point in complicating things with insulin and fasting and all that jazz....they will make a small difference, and that too, in the long run.