How do you lose the belly fat?

Options
Although i am losing weight, and still have a lot to go, the belly fat seems to be the hardest to get off. How/what exercises do I need to do to help get rid of the flab quicker?

Replies

• larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. would love to know the answer.
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump i would like to now to :)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    It's widely held that spot reducing does not work. Overall reduction of bodyfat will reduce your tummy but to get rid of the 'flab', the answer would be weight training.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce although having strong abs can help you pull it in better. You have to lose fat overall.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've read on the boards its one of the last places to lose.
  • penelopia
    penelopia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Loose fat by eating at a healthy calorie deficiet. Build muscle my strength training. That is all.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Everyone is genetically programmed to carry extra fat in a different way. Looks like you hold yours in your midsection. That sucks, and I'm sorry.

The only way to lose that fat/weight is to keep losing weight and reducing your body fat percentage. There are no short cuts, no quicker ways to make it leave. Just keep going.
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eat natural, unprocessed foods (as much as possible) and lots of cardio. Abs are pretty much made in the kitchen. My abs will start to pop out when I dont drink alcohol for a few days and make a huge effort to eat healthy.
  • dubgnyc513
    Options
    The best workout for losing the belly fat is making a salad in the kitchen. Food makes the abs and flat stomach. Eat foods that are Green and leafy! Good fats as well such as avocado's. Losing the belly fat is 100% due to your diet. Ab muscles are there, they are just hiding.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I asked the same question to one of the personal trainers at the YMCA and unfortunately the only answer to a flat tummy is to lose all the fat over your muscle. He did say strength training helps and as you lose fat overall it will go down.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own opinion. I Didnt do alot of cardio at all to get a flat tummy. Just lifted heavy and ate pretty good 85% of the time.. I did lower my cals.. which is what most ppl are going to tell you to do. Just dont go to low.
  • Mustangsally33
    Options
    I have a "baby belly " from having my children and although I do still carry it in my stomach I was able to reduce it by eating healthy and doing a lot of core exercises , example :planks, mountain climber, boshu balls workouts, ways to engage your core and work your whole body are great ! Good Luck
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Just keep on keepin' on. A calorie deficit is what it takes. Strength training helps you look better as you lose the fat.