*Ladies* T.O.M question....

Options
I have mirena.. which gives me a VERY light flow sometimes... this week its pretty much no flow at all but I still have the bloating & a little red here and there.... anyway, I know that T.O.M does cause weight gain, but is that only if it's a heavy flow or does that not matter??

Thanx!! ♥ Nicole

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I don't think flow has ever mattered for me---I usually stay a little heavier most of the week and then it goes away
  • jjeddy
    jjeddy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. You might want to talk to you Dr, though. Even with a Mirena, TOM should be fairly consistent. Good Luck!
  • jwilson3787
    jwilson3787 Posts: 146
    Options
    I wouldn't think it would matter if it's heavy or not ...
  • snooj
    snooj Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Mirena wearer! It should be "wearer", right? XD

It's a myth that birth control causes weight gain directly. It may increase your appetite, but so long as you monitor what you eat it won't matter. I don't think there's a relation to one's flow, but rather how the body reacts to the hormones it's been given.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the individual; i tend to get more bloated and retain water the week before my flow, i think you just need to keep track and listen to your body throughout the different stages.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for answering (: btw, i love the dear stomach quote on your ticker jwilson!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Matters not one bit....
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I don't have any idea what your talking about. But being a guy thats OK. :smile:
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't have any idea what your talking about. But being a guy thats OK. :smile:
    thats why the title says ladies, my friend (;
  • Michelle12583
    Michelle12583 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For some reason I tend to be lighter when its that time but usually the week before I have the bloated feeling.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Usually the weight gain is from the water retention or "bloat" so you'll get it, but it goes away.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what your flow is.. as your body prepares to shed uterine lining and hormones set in to make it happen, you will either get bloated and/or gain weight. You generally don't lose all of that gained weight (if you gain) until the day after your period stops
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I have mirena.. which gives me a VERY light flow sometimes... this week its pretty much no flow at all but I still have the bloating & a little red here and there.... anyway, I know that T.O.M does cause weight gain, but is that only if it's a heavy flow or does that not matter??

Thanx!! ♥ Nicole

I have Mirena and barely bleed at all but still get bloating and cramps. The bloating is hormonal rather than being dependant on the blood/womb lining that flows.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    ZDaiZ9T.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Thanx!! ♥ Nicole

Well. If you have a heavier flow, then you would weigh less because there is more blood leaving your body so YOU HAVE TO WEIGH LESS. If you have a lighter flow, you're not getting rid of a bunch of pesky high weighing blood. So therefore you would have more weight gain. I wish I could just have a heavy flow ALL THE TIME. Because then I'd ALWAYS be losing weight. ALL. THE. TIME.

PWUkWJZ.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Thanx!! ♥ Nicole

Well. If you have a heavier flow, then you would weigh less because there is more blood leaving your body so YOU HAVE TO WEIGH LESS. If you have a lighter flow, you're not getting rid of a bunch of pesky high weighing blood. So therefore you would have more weight gain. I wish I could just have a heavy flow ALL THE TIME. Because then I'd ALWAYS be losing weight. ALL. THE. TIME.

PWUkWJZ.gif

And I have a favorite new gif. Thanks honey :)