Goals - Sugar 25 grams?? what about fruit??

unknownndoll
unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
So MFP gives you about 25 grams of sugar on your goals. An apple is what, about 16 sugars? Are we not supposed to have more than one fruit per day to make sure we are not over on sugar?

Replies

• LaTerri
    LaTerri Posts: 42
    plums are 7
    1/4 of dark berries are 4
    cantelope
    grapefruit
    nectarine
    peaches...

just look around and which fruit is lowest in sugar and concentrate on those. I eat fruit twice a day, between bfast and lunch and then between lunch and dinner... I also eat tomatoes and my sugars stay around 20-25 a day. Eat smaller portions of fruit too.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    There are good types of sugar that your body can use/process and then there's HFCS and processed sugary goods that your body doesn't know what to do with and makes your blood sugar go up and down. There's all kinds of sugar.. Milk has about 13 grams of sugar in it.. It's called lactose. Some people are intolerant to it.

Either way.. Getting your sugars from dairy, fruits, and veggies is going to be ok.. Reese's peanut butter cups, no-no..
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Thats exactly it... If i eat an apple (i love) and say a glass of skim milk i will already be over !!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    I go over EVERY DAY!!!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Yeah.. I usually go over my sugars too.. I think I do pritty good with keeping it at about 40-50 grams.. I figure that's what a can of soda has in it, so to have all my food equal to a can of soda is pritty good, rite?.. Most of it is good sugar..:ohwell:
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    I just changed my settings so I don't see how much sugar I'm consuming :)... (I'm tracking Carbs, Fat, protein, Fiber, and Sat. Fat) I'm doing a pure diet with nothing processed, no added sugar, grains, etc... so all the sugar i'm gettings is from all the fruit I'm eating. I know its "good" sugars for my body so I don't even want to see the numbers go over because it doesn't matter. Out of sight out of mind :)

This is all in the settings section of the Food Tab.
  • LaTerri
    LaTerri Posts: 42
    Maybe think about cutting out the milk and replace it with a protein shake. That is what I do. My sugars stay around 25 a day.
This discussion has been closed.