Help please! Losing inches but not weight :(

Options
13»

Replies

• debln
    debln Posts: 3
    Options
    As others have said... you're doing great... reconfiguring your body, your metabolism and your health. Your trainer is right, your next measurement/weigh in will be a different (very positive) story. Keep up the great work. Don't eat less than you're supposed to, your body needs the fuel and will protect itself if not fed enough. Be sure to balance your foods, including fiber and water. Go over your food diaries with your trainer; if she is certified, professional, or has a formal educational background in fitness she should be able to help you identify the weaknesses AND strengths of what you've been doing. Not sure how much you need to lose, but it is a lifestyle adjustment, not a quick fix. Changes come at different paces for all of us. Don't give up. Congrats on your SUCCESS!!! You're a lot better today than you were when you started. Soon you will have to replace your wardrobe.
  • cosnet
    cosnet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    10 inches in 3 months!!!! Congrats - that is fabulous. :-)

You may not have lost the pounds but your body is changing. Something you should be proud of. Keep up the good work.

As for the scale re-examine what you are eating to see if a change is in order - with circuit training it is important to keep up your proteins so you are actually burning fat. Try adding a protein shake before you eat breakfast and before dinner. I use one of the protein powders and add one scoop to 8 ozs of water (actually I found I like mine a little thinner so I use a bit more water). Another way to ensure more fat burn is to try and work out first thing in the morning (before breakfast) or about three hours after you have last eaten - otherwise you may be working out to just burn the calories you just ate.

But whatever you don't get discouraged you are doing a great job :-)