PALEO ??

Options
Has anyone tried the paleo diet??? If so how is it working for you and what do you eat on a daily basis??? How much weight have you lost trying Paleo??

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    tried it, more accidentally did it when I cut out grains and dairy for 2 months last year. Wasn't necessary for me and I absolutely feel better eating dairy and grains along with the majority of my diet from whole foods.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    been almost 3 months lost 20lbs
    works really great but you really need to have self control
    you learn to see food in a different way as fuel instead of just eating just cuz
    thats my point of view anyways
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Is paleo not more of a lifestyle choice (akin to going vegetarian) rather than a weight loss plan?

You still need to count calories and maintain your deficit on it right?
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am *almost* Paleo (which die-hards would say doesn't exist, I'm sure!). Sample day: Breakfast: eggs, uncured bacon, tomatoes or avocado or asparagus (some kind of veggie); Lunch: salad with homemade dressing (wild raw honey and mustard) or an unwrapped sandwich -- meat, veggies and condiments wrapped up in a few pieces of lettuce; dinner: meatballs with red sauce and a big salad. One thing I do is, I try to emphasize the veggies and whole foods side of it. Even though I am having meat, I don't have huge portions. I would always emphasize veggies on any diet, as they are the superstars of the nutritional world.

I found an excellent book on this, called "Paleo to Go." I forgot her name, but she's a Mom and has some really good, simple recipes.

Good luck!:drinker:

p.s. I haven't weighed myself, I swear I am afraid of my scale!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • srrivera24
    Options
    the first week i did Paleo I lost 10 lbs without Excersice. It worked good for me, lost 3 lbs the first 3 days, so that gave me motivation to keep going, but then I fell off once again. I would eat Omletes with vegies and meat. for lunch i would have salad or beef or chicken stirfy without the rice, for snacks I would eat trail mix and apples, and for dinner I would have some sort of meat with a veggie. So today I am starting all over again, I am trying really hard to stick with it, I am even going to start running/walking. I am the biggest I have been since 9 years ago when I was 9 month Pregnant and have birth to my daughter (185) I weighed that when i gave birth to my kid!!! It makes me sick to see that number..... I wish I could just eat what I make for my family and go to the gym 5X a week but for some reason my body is not working that way..... I really wish I could get to 150 where I once was in high school! I dont even like shopping anymore, and I usually Love shopping, but I am going to try my hardest to do this.