First week weight loss

JaymeLS
JaymeLS Posts: 47 Member
How much weight have you lost the first week using myfitnesspal?

I'm back at this again. I have lost 9 lbs. my first week. :) I have a lot left to go but it sure makes me feel good about myself.

I can do this!!

Replies

• bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Way to go! I think I lost about 6 pounds in my first week, but it was probably mostly water weight...
    Keep up the good work, you can do it!!!:flowerforyou:

Edited for typos
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    I lost about 7lbs my first week, I was already well on my way with my weight loss but the meal planning allowed me to adjust my sodium levels A LOT and that allowed me to drop water weight and the puffiness that went along with it. I am 3 weeks in and the last two I am down 4 combined.

But I am about the weight I might be, now I am focusing on toning.
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    I usually lose 5-6 my first week. It feels great! But remember that it is likely water weight and don't expect those great big numbers all the time. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    I lost 8 pounds in my first week. I didn't lose ANYTHING my second week, but it was my first week at the gym so I think that had something to do with it. Week three I lost 2 pounds and week four I lost 3 pounds. Today is Day 30 and I am down 14lbs. The small losses add up so don't be discouraged if you don't see such a big weekly loss after the first week.
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    6 my first week which included TOM so was happy :)
    Friday will be week 2 weigh in.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    I lost 1.1 pounds this week (my first week). I do not care much about water weight so I did not cut sodium at all. I have lost 3 pounds so far since starting my weight loss journey. So far the numbers match up well to the number of calories I have been consuming and burning so I know that it is fat that I am losing.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    I lost 10lb's but I started straight after a holiday to an all inclusive resort in Mexico so I think the scales were falsely high as well. I stalled after about 2 weeks and realised i needed to up my calories. Since I've upped my calories I've been losing a steady 1/1.5 lb's a week.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    In my first week (which was last week - I started MFP last Sunday) I lost 1.2 pounds. Not bad!

I lost just over 11 pounds on Weight Watchers for 6 months prior to starting MFP, so I am not surprised that a huge amount didn't drop off. I am completely satisfied. I'm 13 pounds down in my goal of losing 60 and I feel absolutely great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!