I ALWAYS go over on my sugar intake! Do you?

Options
I've just recently started to really focus on what I'm eating, I've tried to slowly make the switch from overly processed foods to more fresh foods. The problem that I'm having with this is I seem to ALWAYS go over on my sugar, usually from eating fresh fruits. As of today I've had scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, two slices of toast, a yogurt, and an apple, giving me a total of 25/30g of sugar for the day. I'm sure I will be over again today and I usually am, it hasn't bothered me until recently.

I'm wondering, does anyone try to follow MFP suggestions on sugar? In the beginning I told myself I would focus on how many calories I was taking in, a little while later I started to work on the main things (carbs, fat, protein) and now I'm starting to wonder about the smaller things (sugar and sodium).

Replies

• bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    if the sugar is coming from raw whole fruits, then don't worry about it.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I go over on mine too...and like you, it is pretty much coming from fresh fruits. I ignore the red numbers when I know they are not from processed food.
  • issybelither
    Options
    I always go over as well, I'm a bit of a fruit addict so I think it's okay. If I was eating loads of chocolate or sweets I'd worry but fruit should be fine!
  • Galexygirl
    Galexygirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits always put me over as well. I try to eat fruits that are lower in sugar such as strawberries, blackberries, and cantaloupe. However, I still also have apples, oranges, and kiwi sometimes as well. I avoid bananas (even though I love them), pineapple, and other high sugar fruits. I don't think it's an issue, I just keep my portions reasonable. An average day of fruits for me is: 5 large strawberries, 6-10 blackberries, 1/2 cup cantaloupe, and an apple. I hope this helps.
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    i had a cup of strawberries and half cup blueberries today and am already over the count lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I quit tracking it. Come to find out, sugar is a subset of carbohydrates, so if you track carbs, then you're golden. :flowerforyou: