Who loves to Zumba? Let's do a challenge!

Options

Replies

• Yepitskey
    Options
    I have ZUmba 2 on my WII, SO i'm in.....
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    45 minutes high intesity Zumba with my Kinect this morning! what a way to start the day! 966 calories. :smile:

That is extremely unlikely. It is hard to burn 1000 calories in a full hour. You may want to enter it as aerobic dance or get a heart rate monitor.
  • dswilborn
    dswilborn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in - already got 40 minutes in yesterday. I'd love to see what doing Zumba for a month will do to help jump start my weight loss!
  • dswilborn
    dswilborn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    45 minutes high intesity Zumba with my Kinect this morning! what a way to start the day! 966 calories. :smile:

That is extremely unlikely. It is hard to burn 1000 calories in a full hour. You may want to enter it as aerobic dance or get a heart rate monitor.

I've done Zumba with a heart rate monitor and have always burned 700-800 calories in a session. Of course I've got a lot to burn! :happy:
  • slik1227
    slik1227 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    even if it is not 100% accurate, it is what I have for now. Maybe I will get a HRM later on. IDK. I am thrilled to be up & moving. for sure.
  • concordancia
    Options
    I need to figure out how I am going to keep track of this!
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    SO glad I found this thread! I do an hour Zumba class 4-5 times a week! I used to do it TWICE a day :embarassed: but have since been mixing it up since schedules have changed, instructors left, etc.
    I borrowed a heart rate monitor that I wore around my chest for a week and found that I was averaging 750 calories burned! (5'3, 135 lbs, 30 years old) ...I'm interested in what y'all burn and what you log it as? I log it at 550 for margin of error (if instructor tends to give us water breaks, wiping sweat off with towel, cool down at end)
    :heart:
  • concordancia
    Options
    Does anyone else have Zumba Core for the Wii? I set a goal for about half of this challenge and at the end of an hour long class I only had credit for 22 minutes :(
  • slik1227
    Options
    Hi, I am new here. I just registered today and I would like to have some support from people fighting the same fight. I actually love zumba and bought the Exhilarate DVDs and I would like to use it for my weight loss plan. What is the challenge? I think it will motivate me to do more.

I hope I can find some friends to help :)

The challenge is 25 hours of Zumba in April and you are welcome to join! friend me if you like - I need all the support I can get as well!
  • slik1227
    Options
    SO glad I found this thread! I do an hour Zumba class 4-5 times a week! I used to do it TWICE a day :embarassed: but have since been mixing it up since schedules have changed, instructors left, etc.
    I borrowed a heart rate monitor that I wore around my chest for a week and found that I was averaging 750 calories burned! (5'3, 135 lbs, 30 years old) ...I'm interested in what y'all burn and what you log it as? I log it at 550 for margin of error (if instructor tends to give us water breaks, wiping sweat off with towel, cool down at end)
    :heart:

5'4" & 171 and for a 45 min high intensity session my Kinect says 900+ calories. I was told this is very improbable but I don't have a HRM and am just using the Kinect for now. The only break is maybe 1-2 mins between songs.
  • fitness_chica32
    Options
    Love the idea...and zumba! I'm totally in!!!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If someone wants to make a Zumba group challenge and post daily videos to do (in order to reach that goal) I'm so in!!
  • slik1227
    Options
    IF I Zumba 3 days and take one day of rest - I will average 4.5 hours a week - then I will just have to do one extra 30 mins, I am marking my calender. Hope I can stick to it. My core is definitely talking to me. How is everyone else feeling?
  • LizM0612
    LizM0612 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love Zumba! Currently doing Leslie Sansone walk at home video and myfitnesspal app on my phone so far i'vv lost 18 pounds!! I will take the challenge!! thank you
  • agraves18
    agraves18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Neither am I but, I am having fun. Its not that hard, just a lot of movement. I cant do all of the moves exactly right, but I am trying.
  • agraves18
    Options
    Neither am I but, I am having fun. Its not that hard, just a lot of movement. I cant do all of the moves exactly right, but I am trying.
  • agraves18
    Options
    I'm in, not sure I can do 25 hours but will try.
  • VanessaG02
    VanessaG02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here. I just registered today and I would like to have some support from people fighting the same fight. I actually love zumba and bought the Exhilarate DVDs and I would like to use it for my weight loss plan. What is the challenge? I think it will motivate me to do more.

I hope I can find some friends to help :)

The challenge is 25 hours of Zumba in April. I'm doing Zumba Wii and I love it and I don't feel like I'm really working out... just having a blast:happy: ! These threads are great for motivation and inspiration. Feel free to add me as a friend! :smile:
  • madimutterfly
    Options
    I am totally in on this! I have found a lot of great Zumba videos on Youtube!
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I want to join!! I have the Zumba Core game for XBOX Kinect and LOVE it!!! I did an hour yesterday and today!!! Soooo up for the challenge. Glad there's a thread for this!!!!