NSV - My brother complimented

Galexygirl
Galexygirl Posts: 10 Member
Hey all,

I had a small NSV this past weekend while at the pool. My brother, who I haven't seen in a few months, and who it pains to give me any kind of compliment, saw me in my bathing suit and said, "I really can see how much weight you've lost now."

I actually haven't really lost that much weight, barely 10 lbs since the beginning of December, but I have replaced fat with muscle. :-) I thought I looked a little smaller in the mirror, but not that much smaller, so my brother definitely gave me some much needed feedback and motivation!

Keep working towards your goals everyone, even if it is slow and steady!

Replies

• yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Nice compliment considering knowing how brothers can be at times. Good job!
  • ashley11284
    ashley11284 Posts: 31 Member
    I LOVE THIS!! i know how much that would mean coming from my brother.. You should be proud!!
  • Galexygirl
    Galexygirl Posts: 10 Member
    I LOVE THIS!! i know how much that would mean coming from my brother.. You should be proud!!

Thanks, I certainly am! :-)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    awesome nsv!! congrats!
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    So excited for you and jealous of having a brother who can say nice things! Keep up the good work!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    When I first lost weight, my brother told a cousin that he honestly didn't even recognize me. I hadn't seen much of him during the time I was losing, so it was a big change. Brothers......can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em! :laugh:
    The cousin still does a double take. He lives in Florida, so I only see him about once every two or three years.
    Kaye
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    My brother complimented me a few weekends ago. It felt great! :) I have not seen my other one for a few months, but I am seeing him this weekend. We will see what he says:) And congrats to you!!
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    My brother saw me in my bathing suit and said, "I really can see how much weight you've lost now."

Descartes.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!