Over 20 lbs gone, 4 inches in my waist (pic)

13»

Replies

• jelliebeanz44
    jelliebeanz44 Posts: 4 Member
    WOW!
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Congratulations, I have lost 22 lbs since January and only 2" off my waist. You have been more successful than I. I exercise daily and I can hardly notice the difference in my clothes only notice it on the scales.

I have lost 20 lbs. since December 28, although I did not change my eating habits until January 11 (having lost nothing before that. I have also lost 3 inches in each one of my three measurements (hips, waist, and abs), for a total of 9 inches in the mid-section. I just wanted to comment that in looking back at my food journal, when I eat less carbs (especially the white breads, chips, etc), I loose more inches than when I actually allow myself to eat the carbs. I have lost all of my weight by maintaining a calorie intake of 1200 cals per day eating real food and no diet supplements; however, allowing myself to go over it about every three days, or by giving myself a "free" meal on one or two days during the weekend (last weekend my supper was over 1,000 cals). I know if I did not do the "free" days, I would be down at least another 5 to 10 lbs. I also do walking, starting out at one day per week for 2 miles (30 - 40 mins), and now doing 7.4 to 8 miles at least one time per week to two times (plus the 2 mile walk at least 2 days per week). About twice per week I do free weights, mainly on my upper body. Since I started the free weights (about 3 weeks ago), I have noticed that my measurements have gone down faster than when I was not doing the weights. One of my favorite ab things to do is to use a large exercise ball and lay on the ground. Place the ball between my ankles and bring my legs up to meet my hands at ab level. Pass the ball into my hands and lie back reaching your arms over your head and the legs straight out, all limbs parallel to the ground. Bring the arms up to meet your ankles in the middle, and pass the ball to your ankles. Again, straighten out your limbs so that all are parallel to the ground. I started out only being able to do one set of 5 reps. I now can do four sets of 5 reps. It feels sooooo much better than trying to do crunches (I have a bad back, and I do not feel near the pain doing ab exercises with my new method).
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    wow just 20 lbs? you look great! Big difference.
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Congratulations!! Keep it up!!
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    great job... you look great.. keep up the good work
  • stefferoo2012
    stefferoo2012 Posts: 12 Member
    great job
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Congratulations!! You look great!:)
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Look great, good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!