Success in spite of family

Options
13»

Replies

• rosiesmama
    rosiesmama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I found your pics to be really inspirational for me. I hope that helps some to know that you're making a difference in other peoples' lives by putting your struggle out there. As for family support, I agree with what a lot of other people are saying on this post: your mom is probably jealous and men can be kinda clueless about this. Hard to blame them. My ex used to joke that he refused to answer any question with the word 'fat' in it.:)) Look inside for your motivation. You can't change other peoples' attitudes toward you, but it's important to always be kind to yourself.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job :) maybe the clothes you were wearing didn't let them see the change? Plus I find men don't tend to comment as much on weight whether it be a loss or a gain. Don't take it personally.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and they are idiots for not saying something! I have family like that too, probably many of us do :tongue: I ran a marathon and not one person, other than my husband, bothered to show up to support me and I admit that hurt. I look at your pictures and the loss is VERY obvious. It makes me mad that so called family can be so rude and inconsiderate and sometimes just plain clueless. You look fantastic!!!
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    P.S. Maybe your mom is just scared that if you change your habits, she is going to have to come to terms with her habits and whether or not she wants to continue them alone. If she doesn't want to be alone in them, she will have to change, and for some people who have done the same bad things for so long are scared to change...Just an idea!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    no you're not crazy, the difference is obvious. you look great. way to go!!!
  • jjkarnitz
    jjkarnitz Posts: 55
    Options
    I can DEFINITELY see a big difference in your pics. You're rocking this! Don't let them get you down, they are probably feeling a little threatened if you've always been the heavy one in the family. They were comfortable with that idea and now you've shattered their reality. :) Keep doing it!
  • slcrane90
    slcrane90 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just remember, family is like fish, they go bad in a couple of days!!!! You look fantastic and there is a huge difference! Enjoy your weight loss and embrace it, dont let the family discourage you!!!
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    there is a huge difference and you look fantastic. They probably aren't saying anything because they are jealous. You know the saying misery loves company? lol When people can't do things themselves, they like to be negative to the people that are doing something about it.

Kudos to you hun, you are looking good and don't let them get you down!!

ETA - Also, men can be very clueless like many others have said, IDK how many times I have cut off my hair, lost weight, whatever and not a peep.. I think they are afraid of offending us more than realizing they are complimenting us. Like by them saying wow you look good, you lost some weight, they think we are going to take it like they thought we were fat. Sadly some women do. I never get offended when someone gives me a compliment. I was fat, still am but working on it lol It feels great when others see it too :)
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You expected men to notice and say something? *snort*

Anyway, you look fantastic! Keep up all the hard work!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Great job and doing this for you! Sometimes family is not the right support and motivation we aim to get from. You look great and I admire your success.

Keep up the great work.
  • zeprose
    zeprose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It is impossible not ot see the changes. Don't give importance to things which will make you discourage. You know how hard you worked for it also what you got. Be proud of yourself. People can be jealous when you accomplish great things.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!