Stairs vs. Lunges

Searched this and didn't find any threads specifically about this. If you know of one feel free to post the link!

I like to go up the stairs at my work two at a time. Currently doing a challenge of 50 squats and 50 lunges per day on top of whatever other workout I do for the day. (Hello bikini season!)

When I go up the stairs two at a time, it allllmost feels like a lunge. Say I do 90 each leg per day at work.

Whaddya think, does this get me out of doing the regular 50 lunges for the day?

Replies

• RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Shameless bump.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Shameless bump.

Nope do both!
  • SuperKeely
    SuperKeely Posts: 20 Member
    I wouldn't say so. We do tons of different lunges and squats at derby practice and all of them work different parts of the muscle (so I'm told and it sure feels that way). So...do both, you'll be ultra-sculpted :)
  • garyhstewart
    garyhstewart Posts: 2 Member
    sounds good to me. I think going up stairs 2 at a time is terrific!!!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Shameless bump.

Nope do both!

yeah, definitely do both! it can't hurt, right?
    and you sound like me, i like to get in a little exercising at work too. squats or tricep dips in the elevator, lunges while waiting for documents to scan, etc. but only if no one is looking!
  • I'M DOING A SQUAT /PLANK CHALLENGE TOO. UGH MY LEGS ARE STILL BURNING FROM THIS MORNING'S SQUATS AND I ONLY DID 35. BUT I ADD 5 SQUATS EACH DAY. AND 20 SECOND PLANK. HOW LONG IS YOUR CHALLENGE FOR?
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    go three stairs at a time - SLOWLY and with your hand on a rail for safety and DONT PULL UP on it - and I would let you count them as lunges.