Overweight Mom--350 lbs I need help

Options
13»

Replies

• lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!!! I this because I started this journey to a healthier me January 6th, 2013 thinking this was going to be so incredibly hard and I would fail. Guess what... ITS EASY!

Okay so you gave up soda, HUGE CONGRATS! I gave up soda as well went form 12 Dr. Peppers a day to zero. Best thing you can do for yourself. The bloating goes away after about 10 days, and you will feel better. Water is your best friend. Drink as much of it as you can. I like mine ice cold. So I make sure to have 12 ounces of water every hour. (I pee a lot) It really does help with keeping the snacking away.

Best advice I can give you, log everything you eat. No matter what. I was shocked at how many calories were in foods I used to eat. Learn to cook food you love that is healthy. It took me a few days to find that "Oh my goodness I love this!" as I am a picky eater, but since then I have been trying new foods and recipes nearly everyday. (They don't always turn out good, but I am trying)

In less than 3 months I have lost 35 pounds. I exercise very little, as I hate it. I watch my calorie intake, eat a lot of protein, and strength train my muscles. No need to push yourself into something you don't like yet.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    The key is to STICK WITH IT. You will lose weight if you continue to log in, track EVERYTHING you eat, and work out. Many of us have our bad days where we are over our calorie goal, but instead of throwing in the towel, try again the next day. Cutting out fried foods and pop is great. It's okay to splurge every once in awhile (in my opinion), but some people can't without sliding back down that slippery slope so that's something you will have to decide. Feel free to add me as a friend if you are looking for buddies.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You were given some good advice. You need to find what works for you and like others said, don't cut things out completely, limit them. If you go cold turkey on everything you are going to binge and then say well I blew lunch so I might as well blow dinner, which turns into well yesterday sucked so I will restart Monday etc etc etc. I have been there, done that. I try and give myself a "free" day once a week. Some people call it a cheat day, but I like "free" because it doesn't have such a negative sound to it.

Good luck. I have sent you a friend request. I log on daily and try and comment often. I have a lot to lose so not going anywhere fast except down on the scale :-)

Every one is welcome to add me as well.

Barb
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    There are so many awesome suggestions here I wont add any more for you to think about. As you see there are so many of us here who have used MFP to work towards our goals. You can do it too. Follow MFP's suggestion for daily calories, log your foods, get a great bunch of supportive friends to help you through and stick to it every day. You'll soon be on your way!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight if you keep your diet in check. I started out following MFP, eating my exercise calories back and walking on the treadmill 30 mins a day. I lost about 17 kilos doing that.
  • mbrough58
    mbrough58 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do you have a doctor that can recommend a diet plan for you? If you are not sure what to eat, perhaps he can suggest a meal plan. Even small changes (like not drinking soda) will help you lose weight. Also walking will help you lose weight. But the most important thing is to eat the right amount of food so you can have good nutrition and fewer calories. Vegetables are a great help. They make you feel full, and most are low in calories. You can eat them raw or cooked. Salads are a girl's best friend. Experiment and enjoy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!