Clothes that are too big, and paying it forward...

Options
13»

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    what an amazing idea, I did the same thing, gave my best friend an entire wardrobe two weeks ago when I finally purged my wardrobe and my DH gave all his shirts that are now too big for us to our teenager nephews to help my SIL/BIL out who have three adult sized children to dress on a single income.
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    what I good idea!!!!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    that's so awesome of you!
    what a great idea.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Also consider having a plus-sized clothing swap with friends. It's a good way to get some stuff in your new size and also nice for other plus-sized girls who may be feeling a bit frumpy in their old stuff. Even if it's not a new size, "new" clothes make you feel better, and if your friends see you losing weight, they might get encouraged, too! I've always been bummed that I am a size that can't easily raid my friends closets, but if you look around you probably have plenty of people who are in a 2-3 size range of you that would love to get some new stuff. Bonus if any of those friends have seamstressing skills!
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    What a great idea I know I have lots of clothes that I have donated so yes somebody will love to received I'm sure :-)
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add to all the comments and say that this is a really fantastic idea <3 You are a sweet person.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yes this is a fantastic idea. I hope some very deserving people benefit from it

amccoy720 wrote
    This was such a wonderful thing to do! I wish they had some sort of clothing exchange on MFP. This has been a problem for me as well. I don't want to spend a ton of money on clothes just to only be able to wear them for a short period of time. I've been donating all of my bigger clothes to a pregnant friend who doesn't want to buy maternity clothes, but as I get smaller I might consider doing this as well. Great thinking!

They have 5 of them but no one has posted to any in awhile. The one with the largest amount of member is the swap-a-roo. I wish it would become more active.
  • msagrero08
    msagrero08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: your doing a very nice thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!