Hey young ladies and Gents! New body building gal here! ❤

Options
Hello everyone! My names Emily. I'm from the east coast, and is recently starting a strict diet and a strict workout plan including cardio, yoga, and strength training. I'm about 5'5, (don't know my current weight because I don't own a scale) but its around 170 I'm guessing. (I'll weigh in soon). My measurements are 42(Bust, DD40) 32(Waist), 41(hips). I've been told I have quite the hour glass but I'd like to keep my shape... Just toned and smaller.
I do an hour of cardio 5 times a week, plus strength training in different muscle groups each of those days. My pre-workout is fruits with a cup of muscle milk and my post is 2 cups of muscle milk right after my strength training to soak up all that protein.
My results are pretty slow, I would like more meat off my thighs and muscle on my lower and upper back, obliques and abs. But obviously the fat must be lost first. Can anyone help me on my journey? Be my go to for advice? Anyone else struggling with slow results?

Replies

• jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'4" weighing in around 190. Seems like I have been at 190 forever. I have tried eating more, eating less, exercising more...to no avail on the scale. Recently I have decided to start lifting heavy and absolutely love it! Less than two weeks in and I swear I can already see some results. I probably don't know a whole lot more than you but feel free to add me...we can always bounce ideas off of each other :)
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi, Ive just switched from months of hammering the cardio to strength training, feel free to add me
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in my cutting phase. Would love to get ripped faster. Wife keeps reminding me that it's only been a few days since starting my cut...

Anyway, what does the rest of your diet look like?
  • BoJenks
    BoJenks Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey Emily, your situation sounds very similar to myself! I'm 5'6 and 160 (with a big bust) and I'm doing a similar strength training regime but 4 days a week instead of 5. I always found that diet is always the biggest factor by far regardless of your gym routine eating the proper kinds and amounts of food is key. But I would be love to help each other out, etc. Add me! :)
  • weightliftingchick
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I love strength training.